For my first working saber I decided to use a Maglite as a basis and see where it went. Might be because I dig the design of Maglites, might be because I like the 'made-in-the-USA' idea, might be because they are cheap and already correctly shaped and I'm lazy , but it's the way I'll go. Anyone else a fan of these things? Let's trade design ideas and how-tos!

I'll go first - I've found it easy to greeble the pommel end of the hilt by drilling and tapping the end for 3/8" x 24 thread bolts and buying hex head bolts, thick washers, and spacers in chrome. Gives an interesting look on the end that I can take apart and redo at will. Ace Hardware has a big selection of chromed hardware if you can handle the cost and I think Lowes carries them too.

Curious if anyone has been able to get a sound system inside a Maglite hilt. I have yet to do the measuring but I'm thinking 3 or 4 cell Maglite with C-cell spacers inside and an LED that can run off of 2 cells. The spacers give the empty room for the board and speaker to go.

Oh, yeah, TCSS maglite conversion emitters are slick! Would love it if pommels would also be made to fit the threading on the end.