Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Iron Man themed lightsaber

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Awesome E!
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

O.M.G.. This saber is stunning. The arc switch looks like hell and the design is excellent. Thumbs up eastern, thumbs up....

I officially want one.

That is pretty cool! The arc reactor would work well in other parts of a hilt too. Pommel or blade plug for instance.

Holy Moley! That's about the coolest cross-over saber I've seen. Is it power coated metal?

Great...Freaking...Job!!

Ok, so I have to ask...Exactly how did you achieve the audio jack connection with the emitter assembly? I've had my own ideas about this, ever since I saw the EL blade tutorial section, but I'd rather not reinvent the wheel if I don't have to.

I also thought, since I have an audio-style jack on a multi-component cable (somewhere in my collection), that it might be possible to find a jack in this style that has four wires instead of the standard two. A jack of this type could create a modular emitter assembly which would accept FoC from a board that has it without rewiring the diode.

It's a pretty exciting technique. I would choose to hang on to the threaded MHS components, just so my blade doesn't come flying off in a duel, but the concept of modularizing the individual parts of the internal electronics could make interchangeable saber parts even easier to accomplish.

That's dope...great work

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Thanks guys!

It all powder coated. Gold is just "gold", and the red is "Ruby Red". I TOTALLY forgot to add Sabbath, I think I'll do that, thanks for the idea!

The audio plug is mounted on a 1 1/4" nylon disk that's screwed onto the copper disk/heat sink on a TCSS maul conversion kit. The jack is on two of the same 1 1/4 nylon disks on the receiving side. Outside of that, it's just a simple mount.

The LED is an RGBW, and the plug/jack is stereo, so theoretically it could support FoC. I'd just have to take it apart... Noooooooo!

Jedi Padawan
    Jedi Padawan

That is one sweet piece of work, E! I love the way you incorporated the elements & worked in the 1/4" jack. You even got a full on smile from my wife with this one! Good on ya mate!

Knowledge must be balanced by Practice.
    Practice must be balanced by Experience.
    Through Knowledge, Practice, and Experience
    we gain Wisdom.

-Boj-Vaati Mau
    Jedi Sentinel, Jar'Kai practitioner,
    and Instctor at Strafe Plains Temple

Saber Guild: Strafe Plains Temple
    The Rebel Legion

Youngling

now that is awesome work!!!