Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The "Outcast"

Read through thread and then noticed the massive time gaps. Patience does indeed come to mind; that and sticking to a plan even after being punched.

Force Aware
    Force Aware
    Force Aware

@jbkuma, @ls-event,
    Life can be a pain sometimes. "Patience is a virtue.", comes to mind quite often when thinking about this project.

This is the quartz crystal I'm now thinking of using for this build. Thought it looked really close to the Illum crystals that were seen in the episode "the Gathering" SW: Clone Wars. I kind of want to make a mold of the crystal before putting it in the saber so I can shape the one end a bit maybe for a better fit.
    crystal-for-chamber.jpg
    Sean

SciFiHero.net Member; SG Operations Home of SG-Socom Member

Force Aware
    Force Aware
    Force Aware

Default Chamber Idea

Just a rough mock up of what I have in mind for my crystal chamber. The crystal is photo-shopped in with it's height and with. The chamber itself will be directly below where the blade holder screws onto the hilt. I'll be running at least eight very fine wires through the chamber and need room for either two four wire or one eight wire quick connectors between the chamber chassis and the flat LED heat sink. The 1" windows will first be etched into the surface of the 4" double female MHS section then carefully cut using my dremel and hand files. I'm not sure what if any greeblies I will add in to liven things up. Some of the truly die hard SW fans will hate me for the windows being Klingon letters one of which will create a small and large window. I might add a small diamond shaped piece at the top of the chamber.

chamber-mock-up.jpg

Anyone have any ideas as to how i can mount the crystal over the RGB LED.
    Sean

Look for some hollow ,,adapters" like the small one in Greenie's pic... You can find them and other things like that in a hobby-shop or hardware-stores...
    Join me, join the dark side!

Force Aware
    Force Aware
    Force Aware

No hobby shops in the mountain town I live in. The nearest town that might have one is over 30 miles away and that's way too far to walk. Guess I'll have to check the known hobby shop web pages. And hit the Lowes near where I work next week while I am off.

I like the piece in the middle of the pic under the piece that looks like it came out of a motor. Someone mentioned that I might try using a set screen to hold the crystal in place. Would that work?
    Last edited by MasterStoddard; 03-06-2017 at 03:52 PM.
    Sean

That piece is a cut off from a brass hose adaptor. The pieces to the left and behind on the right are from co-axial TV jacks.
    Last edited by Greenie; 03-07-2017 at 12:42 AM.

Force Aware
    Force Aware
    Force Aware

Well Amazon wasted me about $30 for a silicone mold making trial size kit. I now have to wait to get a refund for it. The part A was almost a solid mass it had thickened so much. I just hope that I can get a good batch when I order another batch after I get the refund.
    Sean

Force Aware
    Force Aware
    Force Aware

Well I was able to order the main external parts right around Black Friday. They have arrived and I am working on making a multi piece drill guide in 3dsMax so all the holes will line up. Am also working on some personal designs for the crystal chamber parts for 3d printing.

Patience of a stone for this project. Losing my mother almost a year and a half ago did not help.
    Sean