Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The "Outcast"

Force Aware
    Force Aware
    Force Aware

Sorry if I've come across a bit gruff in any of my posts. I haven't been feeling well the past couple weeks for multiple reasons.
    Sean

SciFiHero.net Member; SG Operations Home of SG-Socom Member

Force Aware
    Force Aware
    Force Aware

Well I found my little chest of crystals last night and picked out the crystal I plan to use for this saber. I had ten crystals to choose from. I figure if I get a special young woman in my life and she'd like a saber of her own I'll use my best looking crystal in it, so I'm keeping that in deep reserve for the time being. It's also my largest around crystal. I plan to use a couple lexan discs cut to the same size as the chassis disc to hold the crystal over an LED rig of two or three 3mm super purple LEDs to illuminate the crystal.

My crystal collection.

The crystal I plan to use lit by a single super purple 3mm LED. (covered the flash of my camera with a finger hence the red glow on everything in a pic with out my finger over the flash it looks more blue-ish)

The crystal I plan to use unlit with room light.
    Sean

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

You don't even have an avatar. So what's to change?

You're new, so I highly suggest you go and read all the stickied posts in every sub forum.

To answer your question, read this thread:
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?10125-PM-s-Titles-Avatars-Signatures-and-You-(Noob-Guide)

If you can't make an avatar with that information, that means you haven't been here long enough, and/or haven't made 10 posts yet.

And next time, ask questions like this in the "Welcome to the Forum" section, so as not to derail someone else's thread.

Thanks
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Force Aware
    Force Aware
    Force Aware

Well right now this project is on hold due to hours cuts in the grocery store chain I work for.... I may even be looking for a new job soon because of the local union wanting it's members to call for a strike next week. If there is a strike, any of the Virginia employees who strike can lose their jobs under the law.
    Sean

Force Aware
    Force Aware
    Force Aware

This project is still on hold for the foreseeable future due to having to find a new place to live and getting into the swing of two new jobs after losing the grocery store job I had when I started this thread. Two of the former coworkers claimed I said things I in fact did not so I am having a rough go of things right now. I have been looking at things using the MHS builder and Photoshop to see how I might etch and cut the designs into the saber. When I can get on the shared computer I will try to get some images reloaded for all to look at.
    Sean

Force Aware
    Force Aware
    Force Aware

This project may be getting back in to play sooner then I thought. It may still take some time to get all the parts in to do the build. If I am lucky I'll be able to order a few parts in February. Need to find a better place to live then the rat trap I'm currently living in.
    Sean

Force Aware
    Force Aware
    Force Aware

Well if I'm lucky I might be getting some of the things that I need to get this project under way. My next paycheck will have a small bonus. If my store did well with its sales for black Friday and does well the next couple months I might get another bonus come February.

Also I updated my parts list in my first post of the thread. Yes I am aware that there are parts missing but I can't get them from TCSS so I didn't feel right posting them.
    Sean

Force Aware
    Force Aware
    Force Aware

Default Update

I was finally able to start collecting parts from the shop. Ordered Wed. morning a 1 Amp smart charger with 2.1mm adapter, 18650 7.4v 3400mAh Li-Ion battery pack, 2.1mm power jack and a Crystal Focus V8. All arrived today in the mail along with my brand new ESD safe Soldering station about 10:30am EST. Soldered up the board for the speaker and power to test it. Now I need to wait and see if I get a bonus this quarter from work and maybe order a couple more of the pieces I need.

My goodies that arrived in the mail.
    Sean

Congratulations on getting started! You must have the patience of a stone!