Thread: Wiring Sound

Default Wiring Sound

So I had an old 2005 "Sith Lightsaber" that I gutted because the blade finally died and wanted to wire it into my PVC hilt. I followed the closest diagram I could find, the basic set-up for the 2010 Obi-wan board found on this thread http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...highlight=hilt and found that something interesting, and somewhat annoying, happened. I have a white Seoul P4 running off of 4 AAA, but when the speaker is running, the blade pulses. Almost cool, but the already slightly dim LED is now much more dim. It's bright when flashing on and off and clashing, but pulses dimly when it idles, and gets even dimmer when the motion sound kicks in. Did I screw something up terribly? Or is it the board? I have no knowledge of circuitry at all. I'm trying to think of all the relevant information. The only differences I can find between the boards is the the 2010 Obi board has three LED leads where the 2005 has one labeled "lamp." Everything else seems to be the same. I have a 3.3 Ohm 5 watt resistor and a PNP transistor in the circuit. Any and all help would be awesome, and let me know if you need more information. Thanks.

EDIT: Thought of something else, I'm using a speaker from an old Altec Lansing iPod dock my wife killed. I have NO idea what the specs on the thing are.

Skinnerman

This is the saber whose board I'm using, only in slightly different packaging:
    http://www.amazon.com/Clone-Wars-Sta...754410&sr=8-16
    Last edited by Skinnerman02; 01-05-2012 at 02:27 AM.
    "Because your own strength is unequal to the task, do not assume that it is beyond the powers of man; but if anything is within the powers and province of man, believe that it is within your own compass also."
    -Marcus Aurelius, one of the Five Good Emperors of Rome