Thread: oiled bronze saber

Default oiled bronze saber

I've never posted any pics here before and without this site i probably never would have been able to make a saber, with that said, this is the most recent saber.
    photo-1.jpgphoto-4.jpgphoto-5.jpgphoto-6.jpgphoto-9.jpg

photo.jpg
    would love to show it finished with the blade in it, but the funniest thing happened, when i got everything put together the small lens on the main led fell off. Im gonna replace it
    but you get the idea.

Looking good. I really like the crystal chamber. Can't wait to see it with the blade.

heres a couple more pics with the blade in and pommel speaker cover. i also added another shroud piece on the blade holder because i thought it looked a little plain.
    DSCF5131.jpgDSCF5130.jpgDSCF5136.jpgDSCF5131.jpgDSCF5148.jpg

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Very cool design, but you are gonna have a short. Your LED wires are stripped too much and one or both will short out on your heastink at some point. Fixing that is easy and you will be happy you did.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Very nice design! I'm in with LDM on the potential for a short. Other than that, it is definitely a cool saber!

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by dustunite View Post
    This is where you can see it...
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

thanks guys, its already been fixed, that exact thing happened the first time i put a blade into it. I had to replace the entire led anyway because of the lens falling off.

heres some pics of some other sabers ive made. didnt want to start a whole new thread
    DSCF5162.jpgDSCF5159.jpgDSCF5168.jpg
    heres my sith saberDSCF5173.jpgDSCF5158.jpg

DSCF5170.jpg
    and heres my bamboo saber, still unfinishedATTACH=CONFIG]6342[/ATTACH]
    Attached Images Attached Images