Thread: My saber created from aluminum using a lathe and mill and powder coat

Default My saber created from aluminum using a lathe and mill and powder coat

Let me know what you think about the saber I created. I am new to machining and chose to build a light saber as my learning project.

IMG_0101.jpgIMG_0103.jpgIMG_0106.jpgIMG_0107.jpgIMG_0109.jpg

Very interesting looking. Nice machine work.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Looks...interesting. Some of the features are really cool, but they don't necessarily go together. The length, combined with the unevenly spaced/sized rings and grooves throw it off to the eye. Nice machine work, and the techniques are good, just that the features aren't very cohesive. To quote Morpheus, "your technique, is not your problem". Now that you have the machining down, work on design.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Interesting and different. Both ends look like emitters and the different parts don't seem to go together, but each part is cool by themselves. Yep, work on making a design flow together.

I'm a fan of asymmetry. good job brother
    The All-Father wove the skein of your life a long time ago. Go and hide in a hole if you wish, but you won't live one instant longer. Your fate is fixed. Fear profits a man nothing.

Very creative, good job. What color is it going to be?

It looks more like a Mace handle than a saber, which would be pretty rad. I agree it seems like 2-3 inches too long in the blank area above the control box holes you cut, and the grip rings are not evenly spaced/sized.

It reminds me of the final run that RLSA had before they quit.

Agreed more along the lines of a scepter type saber.
    Nice initial job machining
    LOCKHEED

I agree with most others. I think you did a good job on the machine work but it seems to have a strange flow to it. Don't get me wrong though. I'm not putting your work down or anything.
    -Takanis-
    Simpi-Gon Sims (FX-Sabers Forums)