Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: PC... Go Boom!?

if that is what happened, how do I fix it if I can?

If you shorted something it is likely damaged and needs to be sent in for repair. Zook on this forum is who to contact.

also do not put that huge wire THROUGH the holes.. you could be grounding out from the bottom too.

where would I even look on the forums to see how to get it repaired

hi-

well there was a member name suggested to you above. [zook]

also known as 'Michael'...

He is the resident 'plecter labs' product fixer

A quick search on his member name produces this:

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com....php?4574-Zook

from there you can send him a PM and he'll either ask you a few questions with some suggestions to try, or just have you send it in for repairs.

good luck.

OK one thing I see for sure is that you pushed the clash sensor back (probably when pushing it into the hilt). There could be some damage caused from that. I will reply to your PM as well.
    MH on FX-Forums

It may just be the picture, but it looks like one of the pins of the audio amp is missing.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Alright buddy, I have good news and bad news.

Bad news;
    Since you wired through the holes on your board instead of Soldering them on just one side your board, the chances of a short are very high. In addition, it doesn't appear the wires are properly tinned and have very good connections. Don't take this badly, but you need to seriously work on your soldering skills so you are able to effectively solder the PC next time without damage.

Good news;
    Zook is able to fix your board for a minimal fee. While it is away, take some time to get good at soldering, watch some youtube tutorials, and practice on an econo board.

In addition, and I will say this bluntly.
    Get rid of your electrical tape. You should never use this with wiring in sabers. It is messy and does not provide the proper insulation needed when sabers get bumped around. Buy some heatshrink and use that for your wires. For your board you should make a chassis. TCSS sells some disks, and you can attach the PC with double stick tape or even minimal amounts of hot glue. Don't let it free float in your hilt, or you will have to repair it later.

You can get this thing fixed and set up correctly, it is just going to take some work and time.
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...