Thread: Building Anakin, Luke, or Darth Vadrs Lightsaber

Default Building Anakin, Luke, or Darth Vadrs Lightsaber

Hey everyone. Since I've gotten into understanding and building Lightsabers, I figured I should give back to you all somehow. I'm sure there's someone on here who's probably found this before me, so if anyone has, I'm sorry for reposting. I got so freaking hyped when I saw this, because in addition to my first custom build, I wanted to build some replicas of Anakin and Vaders sabers, and probably use some PVC for a realistic internal layout with crystals and stuff just as practice.

But enough of me ramblin' on. Heiland, MPP, and Graflex 3-cell flashguns are hard To come acrosss, let alone, cheap if you find one. Here's a link that I found that has all the replica pieces for the sabers that use those parts:
    Now I don't think the actual flashguns are made, but the pieces fit any tube of 1.5" OD. So I'm guessing if you really want to, find some tube at home depot, and order a pommel from TCSS, or get an extension piece and pommel from here altogether, use the pieces, and create the closest-to-perfect replica saber you can.

Thanks for reading if you've cared enough to read this all
    Last edited by Jedi-Loreen; 12-29-2011 at 09:57 AM. Reason: Removed link to outside vendor
    "I have brought Peace! Freedom! Justice! And Security to my new Empire!" -Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker

@Plexus. Or you could always mix the sabers up. Luke saber body, Anakin textured piece thats in the middle of the hilt, Vader blade emitter, and Vader pommel. Then you could put the bunny ears on the emitter and the pins also. I think that'd be a killer saber. You could always use MHS parts to do the hilt too, just request some powder coating on the needed parts like the blade holder.

I never thought of that. Haha but that's a good idea. I got a Vader force fx for Christmas and thought about converting it, but I can't. It's too precious.. So I just decided to forge a hilt-only, and possibly experiment with the internals. Like for example I do one of the combos you listed, make another one the exact same way, construct an inactive hilt just like the diagram on wookiepedia, then make one with a crystal chassis. Then find a way to put the ideas together..
    "I have brought Peace! Freedom! Justice! And Security to my new Empire!" -Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Graflex replicas aren't that hard to come bye...just keep your eye on the store. BTW, posts to outside sources of parts are a no-no. Sorry man.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

I apologize. I just seen a lot of people looking for these parts so I wasnt entirely thinking.