Thread: Problems with static coming from my speaker

Default Problems with static coming from my speaker

Hello,

I installed the PC-L with the simplest wiring possible (page 9 of the manual), and everything seems to be working well except that I have static crackling coming out of my speakers. Anyone else have that problem? Any ideas on a fix?

Thanks,
    Shylah

If it's a regal speaker I'd try a different one first and see if that is the issue. The regals can be quite delicate, and have been known to break on people for no apparent reason.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

It's the premium one from TCSS: http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Pr...aker--P77.aspx

Ugh, I hope I didn't break it somehow ><

Make sure you have no exposed solder or metal from the speaker wires rubbing on the inside of your hilt. Mine was doing that till i hot glued over the contacts on the board and heat shrinked everything better.

It's the speaker.

Well, I did use shrink tube at the PC-L board, and just checked all the solder joints... everything looks pretty clean. Going to try hooking the speaker up to an oscillator circuit and mess with it some. As it looks now, I think Sun is right... seems to be the speaker. bah.

Ah Scott, you're right... it is a Regal. 8-ohm, 1W.