Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Sound problem on 2011 Ultimate FX sound card

I'm guessing that since you were only getting 667 mA. out of the LED lead(s) that the board itself might be faulty.... or you could've wired the transistor backwards. I could be wrong though, as I'm just guessing.
    Other than that the wiring set up looks like it would work. I think that I'll try it out and see if it works, and then tell you whether or not it works on my board.
    Last edited by Ka'getsu; 01-07-2012 at 07:47 PM. Reason: correcting punctuation
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) Remember, if we get caught....
    (")_(") You're deaf, and I don't speak english

Quote Originally Posted by Ka'getsu View Post
    I'm guessing that since you were only getting 667 mA. out of the LED lead(s) that the board itself might be faulty.... or you could've wired the transistor backwards. I could be wrong though, as I'm just guessing.
    Other than that the wiring set up looks like it would work. I think that I'll try it out and see if it works, and then tell you whether or not it works on my board.
    The 667 mA was without a transistor. That's why I'm trying to add the transistor, but I'm getting nothing. It's not even turning on. It's wired as in the pic I just posted. Anybody see anything wrong with the wiring diagram?

i was saying that the board might be faulty 'cause rhyen skytracker said that he was getting 1100 mA @ 6volts off of 3 of the LED leads when he fried 2 of them. Sorry that i didn't explain better .
    (\__/)

i was saying that the board might be faulty 'cause rhyen skytracker said that he was getting 1100 mA @ 6volts off of 3 of the LED leads when he fried 2 of them. Sorry that i didn't explain better .
    Gotcha. I'm only running 3.7 volts though, so I suspect the 667mA is about right. I think that's about what I got off the 2010 econo board (without the transistor).

yeah... that sounds about right... did you check to see if your transistor was wired correctly? i remember in one of the threads that rhyen had one wired in reverse and was having a similar problem.
    also, i don't see any problems with the wiring diagram you're using, it actually looks like a pretty straight forward mod. which is why i'm "borrowing" it for test purposes
    Last edited by Ka'getsu; 01-08-2012 at 11:43 PM.
    (\__/)

yeah... that sounds about right... did you check to see if your transistor was wired correctly? i remember in one of the threads that rhyen had one wired in reverse and was having a similar problem.
    also, i don't see any problems with the wiring diagram you're using, it actually looks like a pretty straight forward mod. which is why i'm "borrowing" it for test purposes
    It's wired exactly according to the detailed diagram I posted a few posts back. Just trying to see if that's right.

This one:

Attachment 6291
    Last edited by jvidamins; 01-09-2012 at 12:23 AM.

cool... wired it up w/o the pnp. transistor using 2 trust fire 14500's and a 5 volt regulator and it works just fine for me. my best guess is that your board might be defective, or may be a victim of electrostatic discharge.
    (\__/)

cool... wired it up w/o the pnp. transistor using 2 trust fire 14500's and a 5 volt regulator and it works just fine for me. my best guess is that your board might be defective, or may be a victim of electrostatic discharge.
    Mine works without the transistor also. My problem is that I need the transistor to get a brighter blade (as I'm only using one 18650 Li-Ion cell with a green P4 LED) but the wiring diagram I posted does not work. Can someone who has used the PNP transistor verify if the diagram is correct? Please???

Are you using a tip-42 transistor?
    (\__/)

Are you using a tip-42 transistor?
    Yes, I'm using the tip-42 PNP. Or... trying to use it anyway.