Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Sound problem on 2011 Ultimate FX sound card

hmmm... weird... I've never had a problem with them, then again I've never used one on a Ultimate FX board either
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) Remember, if we get caught....
    (")_(") You're deaf, and I don't speak english

There's got to be someone out there who's used a transistor with this board. (ahem... Rhyen...) Please help me! You're my only hope!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I have used a PNP transistor with this board with the LED output wired just like the 2010 boards and I haven't had any problems. Take pictures of your wiring and post it so we can try to see what is the problem.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyen Skytracker View Post
    I have used a PNP transistor with this board with the LED output wired just like the 2010 boards and I haven't had any problems. Take pictures of your wiring and post it so we can try to see what is the problem.
    Well, I'm using a breadboard right now so a picture would not help as wires are going everywhere. However, I created this diagram based on the configuration that I'm using (which produces no result - nothing turns on at all). The only way I can get it to work is by not wiring it with the PNP transistor, but I only get about 667mA on a slightly used 18650. Is this diagram wrong? Ka'getsu said he thought I had the board's LED polarity reversed and the 5 are - and 1 is +, but that's not what I've gathered from your video/pictures.

2011 Ultimate FX Wiring Layout-2.jpg

Ka'getsu said he thought I had the board's LED polarity reversed and the 5 are - and 1 is +, but that's not what I've gathered from your video/pictures.
    Sorry about that, I was making an assumption based on the Obi board and yeah... I goofed and told you that you had your polaraties switched. After examining my own board, and a quick google search i found that LEDs 1-5 are +'s and vss(next to led 5) is the negative lead. Open muth insert foot
    Last edited by Ka'getsu; 01-13-2012 at 07:03 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) Remember, if we get caught....
    (")_(") You're deaf, and I don't speak english

Ok, so then my diagram would be right then? Rhyen, since you seem to be the only one who's successfully used a PNP transistor with this board, can you confirm that my diagram is in fact correct?

bump... still haven't gotten this PNP transistor to work. Had no problem with the Obi-board, but this one's not happening.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

As long as you use the board LED - to the PNP base it should work. I have wired many of them that way with no issues at all.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyen Skytracker View Post
    As long as you use the board LED - to the PNP base it should work. I have wired many of them that way with no issues at all.
    So my wiring diagram is correct? If so, maybe I'll try another PNP transistor.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Make sure it is a PNP and not NPN transistor if you are using the board LED - to trigger the transistor. I recommend a TIP42 transistor.