Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: LED size/heatsink

Default LED size/heatsink

im attempting to do a little custom job so i was just wondering if anyone could help me with this, im trying to be patient and plan things out, so can anyone tell me like exactly how big the luxeon 3 watts are... like width-wise, so i will know how big to make my little emitter region, also i was wondering, is it possible to make your own heatsink? and if so, what is the most important feature of the heat sink to include in my custom version?

"The circle is now complete, when i left i was but the learner, now I am the master."

This may a crazy idea but, do a web search for luxeon led and go to thier web site for full specs and dimentions.

<center></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Darth Technous Sith Lord</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Give yourself to the Dark Side</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>

Council Member
    Sith Lord

the LED is 3/4 of an inch in diameter give or take a couple millimeters

<center>

At last we will reveal ourselves to the jedi, at last we will have revenge.
    </center>

yeah they are pretty small, btw i just got some micropuck drivers for my new mhs saber, and they are sweeeeeet!

I DONT KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!!....LOUD NOISES!!!
    www.starwarscustoms.bravehost.com

You will like them alot countdown, I have gotten to the point where I pretty much use the pucks for everything. Buckpucks, micropucks, etc. I really like that with using Tim's quick change kit any color can be used and you don't have to worry about the resistor deal.

<center></center>

yeah, and they are sooo small, im afraid to lose them lol i spent 18 bucks on em,total not each.

I DONT KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!!....LOUD NOISES!!!
    www.starwarscustoms.bravehost.com

I use the micro pucks and buck pucks on everything but the 3 watt luxeon with a MR sound board. I like the fact that they will run the batteries almost dead before the led dims.[]

<center></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Darth Technous Sith Lord</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Give yourself to the Dark Side</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>

Council Member
    Sith Lord

what are micro pucks and buck pucks?

<center>

At last we will reveal ourselves to the jedi, at last we will have revenge.
    </center>

Again internet search engines come to mind.......

<center></center>

<center>Look at my photo album.</center>

Cough "luxeon" Cough

<center></center>