Thread: Little Klerk's saber

Default Little Klerk's saber

Presented for the community’s coments and criticism:

I built this saber for my nephew Connor, my sister’s first baby. I had originally built him an MHS Obi Wan as a birth day (actual) gift back in May, but his father liked it too much… so back to the shop I went. This saber is running a 2011 Hasbro Obi-Wan board located in the choke (the older model with the flashing startup) off a 3.6v NiMh pack with an amber Rebel Star led and AV switch in the 5” DF, with a 30” trans white blade with about 3’ of cellophane wrap. I replaced the swing sensors on the board but not the clash sensor, and in retrospect I should have. Oops – and I forgot to shoot a video before shipping it off, so double oops.

I tried to keep the design simple, with a little visual punch from the shroud at the blade holder. My sister says when you turn the saber on, Connor starts smiling and laughing. He can’t grip it yet (it’s too big and he’s only 6 months old) but he tries…

Jedi Padawan
    Jedi Padawan

Good looking saber, am. I like the front end shroud and the amber looks great. Personally I would've gone for the Hammered Copper on the shroud but that's what personalization's all about. Keep up the good work!

Knowledge must be balanced by Practice.
    Practice must be balanced by Experience.
    Through Knowledge, Practice, and Experience
    we gain Wisdom.

-Boj-Vaati Mau
    Jedi Sentinel, Jar'Kai practitioner,
    and Instctor at Strafe Plains Temple

Saber Guild: Strafe Plains Temple
    The Rebel Legion

schweet! I love those extensions, and the shroud is way cool!

Remember, your LED will ALWAYS look brighter in pics and vids... If you're not playing with it at night, it's not gonna impress you...

Normally I'm not a fan of the "choke point." Not even the long one used here. But Wow, it's incorporated so elegantly and smoothly that I just can't believe it! I really love it and also love the matching of the blade holder to the pommel. Nicely done.

love the little shroud on the emitter. its simple, but adds a lot. very nice.

Looks really good - even gave me a few idea's for future designs. That's one lucky nephew!
    Yub Yub Commander.

nice... something for the little guy to grow in to
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) Remember, if we get caught....
    (")_(") You're deaf, and I don't speak english

Thanks, everyone.

Awesome! One of the few saber designs I've seen that make good use of the long choke.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent