Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MHS threads

Default MHS threads

I was just wondering what the thread sizes were for the male/female MHS parts. I've scanned the forum with no luck [I may have missed it] I'd like to combine them with some of my own bits and pieces. Thanks

Id email Tim.
    Corbin_Das: If I got a tattoo below my waist, it'd say "Found someone you have I would say, hmmmm?"

It's pretty easy to find out via measuring a piece, but they are not posted anywhere, no. It's pretty well accepted in the community that MHS and therefore its threading is Tim's thing - while there's one or two people who have made parts that attach it's really best to leave his stuff to him.

OK cool. I have a 90% MHS design but have a different idea for my pummel.

Jedi Padawan
    Jedi Padawan

(sung to Runnin' With the Devil by Van Halen) Pummel with the Pommel!
    Verb:

Noun:
    Pummel [ˈpʌməl]
    1. Strike repeatedly, typically with the fists.
    2. Criticize adversely

pommel [ˈpʌməl ˈpɒm-]
    n
    1. (Individual Sports & Recreations / Horse
    Training, Riding & Manège) the raised part on the front of a saddle

2. (Military / Arms & Armour (excluding Firearms))
    a knob at the top of a sword or similar weapon

Knowledge must be balanced by Practice.
    Practice must be balanced by Experience.
    Through Knowledge, Practice, and Experience
    we gain Wisdom.

-Boj-Vaati Mau
    Jedi Sentinel, Jar'Kai practitioner,
    and Instctor at Strafe Plains Temple

Saber Guild: Strafe Plains Temple
    The Rebel Legion

Quote Originally Posted by pointoforigin View Post
    It's pretty easy to find out via measuring a piece, but they are not posted anywhere, no. It's pretty well accepted in the community that MHS and therefore its threading is Tim's thing - while there's one or two people who have made parts that attach it's really best to leave his stuff to him.
    Almost all the Sabersmith use MHS parts FYI. They know the threading so they can add to it.

Nothing wrong in asking Tim, especially if it makes him $$$.
    Corbin_Das: If I got a tattoo below my waist, it'd say "Found someone you have I would say, hmmmm?"

Jedi Initiate Loachri MacTalabh's Avatar

Thread size is G-14 Classified.

Quote Originally Posted by Loachri MacTalabh View Post
    Thread size is G-14 Classified.
    Do you understand the words that are coming out of my mouth? (Rush hour, Love it)

That said I've been wondering too. But then I stop wondering when I move on over to the MHSBuilder to play.

Tim is pretty understanding if you ask him. I'll leave it to him to tell you the threading but I will say that it's not a terribly common one. You're not likely to be able to go out to your local big box hardware outlet and pick up a die for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Merana33 View Post
    Tim is pretty understanding if you ask him. I'll leave it to him to tell you the threading but I will say that it's not a terribly common one. You're not likely to be able to go out to your local big box hardware outlet and pick up a die for it.
    That is correct. I had to get my tap and die from Ebay. There are online suppliers that sell them, but be prepared to spend about $40-$80 apiece for them.

There is a simple math formula for Saber names.-----------------------To check out the sound fonts I've made:
    ((Force-Dark Side)xEnglish^awesome)/Force)xLanguage[X].---------http://www.youtube.com/user/DarthXusia1/videos
    Quote from mihunai----------------------------------------------------------If you are interested in any of them, please PM me.