Thread: Seattle Builders

Default Seattle Builders

I am looking to build my own lightsaber but have not had much experience in building things but always have had an interest. I have tried to build a non electric Hardware saber but was not able to find any good instructions. Now I do want a working electronic saber but could use some help. If there are any builders in Seattle who would be willing to help me I would greatly appreciate it.

I live in Oly myself, and I've tried to get some kind of saber meet going for us PNW builders. One thing I can tell you for now is that you're going to want the right tools. I suggest if you don't have access to a good selection that you start there before you delve into the hilt parts themselves. It literally stopped me dead in my tracks.

A drill, a dremel, and a good set of hand files is plenty to get started. Add a soldering iron for electronics, and you've got all the tools you need (though not necessarily all the tools you'll want.)
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Serpent View Post
    A drill, a dremel, and a good set of hand files is plenty to get started. Add a soldering iron for electronics, and you've got all the tools you need (though not necessarily all the tools you'll want.)
    Well said SS. I find myself still wanting/needing parts.

Wise words do not distinguish a Consular, but the choices they make.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, NEVER for attack.

I do have a dremel and a drill, but do not know what parts could go together or how to put them together.

a lot of that information is in located in your dremel and drill's instruction manual. As well as anything in regards to wiring and general saber building are located on the forums. It's just a matter of taking time to read them, and applying the knowledge.

Wise words do not distinguish a Consular, but the choices they make.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, NEVER for attack.

Thanks for all the help, I will look over my dremel instructions again. I do appreciate all the help and I am just starting to study the forum however I should have mentioned I am a visual learner which is why I am hoping to find someone in the Seattle area that could help me.

a useful accessory to have for your dremmel is a flexible shaft attachment... Makes shroud and overlay cutouts a lot easier
    Last edited by Ka'getsu; 12-26-2011 at 12:59 AM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) Remember, if we get caught....
    (")_(") You're deaf, and I don't speak english