Thread: How can I build either Anakin or Obi-Wan's lightsaber?

Default How can I build either Anakin or Obi-Wan's lightsaber?

Hello I'm a newbie here, and I was wondering what would I require to build either Anakins light saber or Obi Wans?

or

Again I'm new here, so I apologize for my lack of knowledge. I've already gone into M.H.S. Saber builder and gathered a list of parts for Obi Wan's.

(I put this together based on a forum post from a previous thread)
    - MPS Pommel Style 3 v2
    - MHS Gear
    - Ribbed grooved choke combo
    - 2 inch double female threaded connector
    - Activation box style 7
    - Screw on LED blade holder style 8

on top of that I'd need

- Natural Card

Now preferably I'd much rather build Anakin's saber, but I'm really confused as to what might be easier. I haven't even yet looked into the LED lights, sound, etc. Which I probably won't worry about considering it'd be my first build. Although I did leave out the buttons and what not.

If anyone could provide some info, I'd greatly appreciated it. Also if it's not too much to ask a rough estimate of the pricing.

If anyone has built any of these light sabers I'd appreciate pictures as well.

Thank you!

- KennyIRos -

hi , id say your best place to start would be to read as much of the a to z build threades and general hilt building sections as you can. the wealth of info on the forum is vast and to begin with maybe a little daunting but once you read a bit eveything will fall into place. im building a luke esb at the moment using mhs parts so the info is there you just got to dig a little

Quote Originally Posted by cooky069 View Post
    hi , id say your best place to start would be to read as much of the a to z build threades and general hilt building sections as you can. the wealth of info on the forum is vast and to begin with maybe a little daunting but once you read a bit eveything will fall into place. im building a luke esb at the moment using mhs parts so the info is there you just got to dig a little
    Oh okay! Thanks a lot, I appreciate it!

One of the things I'm worried about though, is having to cut metal tubing or use power tools, etc. Cause I'm not necessarily the most tech savy in that area, and don't own really any power tools. I'm more so looking for something that can be built in HMS at the moment, and I thought I'd start with something that would replicate a saber from one of the films. I notice Anakin's Hilt is curved and it looks like it'd be really hard to replicate that without cutting away at some tubing. I'm not too picky about making it exactly identical, but I'd like it to look atleast somewhat similar so that when someone looks at it, "Anakin" quickly pops into their head.

Anyways I'll get onto surfing the forums, Thanks again! I appreciate it!

- KennyIRos -

if your going to do an mhs version of anakins saber you just need to buy blade holder 20 its near identical to a luke/anakin then you only need to add a couple of extentions some grips and a clamp and your pretty much there. heres a couple of pics of my mhs luke the hilt is almost finished no electronics yet tho

IMG_0015.jpg IMG_0014.jpg

not done an obi hilt myself yet so im not sure which would be an easyer starting point
    Last edited by cooky069; 12-06-2011 at 08:51 AM.

if your going to do an mhs version you just need to buy blade holder 20 its near identical to a luke/anakin then you only need to add a couple of extentions some grips and a clamp and your pretty much there. heres a couple of pics of my mhs luke the hilt is almost finished no electronics yet tho

IMG_0015.jpg IMG_0014.jpg
    Omg! Lol that's to die for! It looks so authentic, it's beautiful haha. Kudos to you!
    Would it be at all possible for you to tell me what parts you used?

thanks fella glad you like it . if i remember correctly i used

blade holder 20
    4 inch double female
    3 inch double female
    a double male connector
    actvation box 8
    pommel 11
    a set of esb style rubber t grips
    pommel insert 7
    natural card
    short graflex pins
    2 8/32 screws to secure activation box

the graflex nobs and cobald d ring were sourced elsewere as was the aluminium sheet i used to make the bunny ears emitter ring and the band around the clamp i also have a graflex clamp lever which needs to be attached to the activation box

the blade plug was made from odds and ends which include a brass covertec nob , air valve cap , led collomator , shaver head and threaded rod

and i think thats it

thanks fella glad you like it . if i remember correctly i used

blade holder 20
    4 inch double female
    3 inch double female
    a double male connector
    actvation box 8
    pommel 11
    a set of esb style rubber t grips
    pommel insert 7
    natural card
    short graflex pins
    2 8/32 screws to secure activation box

the graflex nobs and cobald d ring were sourced elsewere as was the aluminium sheet i used to make the bunny ears emitter ring and the band around the clamp i also have a graflex clamp lever which needs to be attached to the activation box

the blade plug was made from odds and ends which include a brass covertec nob , air valve cap , led collomator , shaver head and threaded rod

and i think thats it
    Thank you, I really appreciate it, not including all the excess parts that aren't included in the HMS builder it's actually quite cheaper than I expected, still under 100. Thanks a lot I really appreciate it!

cooky that MHS ESB is awesome! love that spare parts blade plug! you have a link to the build?
    NOMING YOUR POWER CABLES SINCE 2007

MHS #1 "Coppertop" CFX Neopixel
    MR 616 "Joe Jedi"
    LDM converted Korbanth LS6 (Hero with PC 1.6 and FOC)
    Vintage graflex ANH - probably staying static
    Disney Savi Saber Peace and Justice (experience was worth it)

Unfortunately I don't , I'd taken all of the hilt build pics on my phone then lost it so I only have a few pics of it as is , the hilt is about 95 percent done just got to fit the clamp lever and make a dummy slide switch to go on the upper section near the nobs. No electronics as yet but I plan on a 10w blue and pc board only problem is the biggest cells I could fit in are 14650s so runtime probably won't be great. Other things I need to do are work out where I'm going to hide the recharge port and how best to mount the switches in the box. Il probably wait until its all finished and post a gallery thread ,btw thanks for the positive comments