Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Wokring on my first build Any help would be appreciated.

Default Wokring on my first build Any help would be appreciated.

Hello everyone. Im working on my first light saber build, and Im trying my best to plan it out as much as possible before I actually begin building.
    Im working on making a sith lightsaber. Its inspired by slothfurnace's "Derelict" lightsaber, and Ballistic Jello's "Debris" lightsaber.
    Those designs are perfect for my design, because I not the best drawer, nor do I have the money or tools to make it exactly how I imagine it to be.
    Starkillers lightsaber from TFU 1 is a perfect and more accurate example, but Im trying to keep this lightsaber between 10 and 12 inches, prefferably at 10". IF possibly, I would like to attempt putting in a crystal chamber, but it is not necessary at all. Just an idea, if my request is possible. I definitely want the button to be inside the hilt, not jutting out. I'll worry about the sounds afterwars, but since Im on that subject, I want the light saber to have a menacing/intimidating power-up sound, with a quick and abrupt power-down sound. the overall humming when moving, I want to sound somewhat rusty, like theres an unstable crystal or the lightsaber crystal was not well-chosen. As for the blade, the brightest red led's I can find. I plan to make it brighter at the base, and slowly lessening in brightness as the tip is reached.

And IF I get a first build completed, I will double this design that I just described, but use a more experienced twist to it, as if the Sith who Im designing it for, has gained knowledge of the force.
    (Im working on this all for a movie by the way)

I know this is a lot for someone attempting their first build, but I am very dedicated to this, and I've build some Halo armor in the past, so Im willing to be patient.
    And until I deploy, I pretty much have nothing but time.
    Any help will be greatly appreciated on this.

Board Lurker
    Blog Entries

Default New Thresh

Just follow the information in the forums, its there for a reason and it does wonders, good luck with your "Derelict and Debris" inspired lightsaber.

Thanks. I figured out the term I was looking for, and the material I need is a sink tube. I'll figure out what I have to do with it in time, but here's what I have so far..

SaberBuilder_render.jpg

What I want to to is give this a Graflex around the blade holder/emitter, and possibly mod it to give it a visible crystal chasis,

Well here's a new design I came up with. I used whatever I could just to show the general layout, but Im probably gonna change it if i need to. I need the inside electrical parts now...

SaberBuilder_render.jpg

Default Working on my first build. (Tips and help needed and appreciated)

Hello everyone. Im working on my first light saber build, and Im trying my best to plan it out as much as possible before I actually begin building.
    Im working on making a sith lightsaber. Its inspired by slothfurnace's "Derelict" lightsaber, and Ballistic Jello's "Debris" lightsaber.
    Those designs are perfect for my design, because I not the best drawer, nor do I have the money or tools to make it exactly how I imagine it to be.
    Starkillers lightsaber from TFU 1 is a perfect and more accurate example, but Im trying to keep this lightsaber between 10 and 12 inches, prefferably at 10". IF possibly, I would like to attempt putting in a crystal chamber, but it is not necessary at all. Just an idea, if my request is possible. I definitely want the button to be inside the hilt, not jutting out. I'll worry about the sounds afterwars, but since Im on that subject, I want the light saber to have a menacing/intimidating power-up sound, with a quick and abrupt power-down sound. the overall humming when moving, I want to sound somewhat rusty, like theres an unstable crystal or the lightsaber crystal was not well-chosen. As for the blade, the brightest red led's I can find. I plan to make it brighter at the base, and slowly lessening in brightness as the tip is reached.

And IF I get a first build completed, I will double this design that I just described, but use a more experienced twist to it, as if the Sith who Im designing it for, has gained knowledge of the force.
    (Im working on this all for a movie by the way)

I know this is a lot for someone attempting their first build, but I am very dedicated to this, and I've build some Halo armor in the past, so Im willing to be patient.
    And until I deploy, I pretty much have nothing but time.
    Any help will be greatly appreciated on this.

After looking, I've also noticed that the piece I believe Im looking for is a sink tube?
    Anyway here's a pict of somewhat what I mean..

SaberBuilder_render.jpg

Is that a question? If so you need to be more specific. Also, make a worthy attempt to find the answer to questions that are common and easily found just by reading a little around here.

No I mean I do have questions, But I was making a thread for a WIP. Like I understand the parts and tools needed now. But I wanted other users input to help make this a great first lightsaber build.

What would you say your skill level is?

On a scale of 1 to 10 and 10 being slothfurnace good, I would say Im about a 4 or 5. My biggest issue I feel would be making a crystal chamber, and doing the internal wiring. I'm probably gonna fail horribly when I get to that phase.

What skills you are weak on, study what others have done here. The best advise is to take your time and plan out how you will fit everything and how it all will be mounted and secured. It takes around 6 months of studying here on the forums and playing around with ideas to get a basic grasp of saber building.