Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Wokring on my first build Any help would be appreciated.

One more big question before I start posting work in progress... If I want to make my blade removable, can I also top off the emitter?

MHS blades are removable. Was that your question?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I merged all 3 of your threads together.

Please show some patience in getting answers and
    do not start multiple threads on the same subject. This is not good forum etiquette.

If I see it happen again, your extra threads will be deleted next time.

Thank you.

Please do lots of reading here (to see if you can find your own answers and learn more), and have a nice day.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunrider View Post
    MHS blades are removable. Was that your question?
    Yes. thanks on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen View Post
    I merged all 3 of your threads together.

Please show some patience in getting answers and
    do not start multiple threads on the same subject. This is not good forum etiquette.

If I see it happen again, your extra threads will be deleted next time.

Thank you.

Please do lots of reading here (to see if you can find your own answers and learn more), and have a nice day.
    Sorry about that. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sunrider View Post
    Sloth's extending chassis is VERY complex and only he knows just how he did it. I would recommend not doing a crystal chamber let alone an extending chassis for your first saber unless you have a good deal of experience with machining and electronics fabrication.
    Quote Originally Posted by xl97 View Post
    Well there is no 'definite' answer.. as it all comes down to taste and personal preference...

what we can provide is tips or tricks or suggestions to help you find what works for 'you'

That being said.. there are several 'builder snafu's' that people should be aware when planning the internals.

1.) chokes have smaller ID than other/normal MHS parts..
    2.) ribbed sections have a smaller ID than other/normal MHS parts..

what does this mean to you? it means that things like battery packs, soundboards..etc need to be carefully planned and measured. As most will NOT fit in there..

your bottom saber is roughly 11" or so? give or take? yes? however the choke severely limits what you can put in there.. (if anything)..

(its best to have chosen/picked out your internals and try to see what fits and what does not.. when you hit a road bump.. re-evalute on the part(s) in questions and see what can be swapped out.)

So for example..lets say you want to use a PC1.6 soundboard... what battery solution are you going with? and more specifically what batteries (size) are you going to be using a single 18650 battery? will fit in the choke.. but isnt the "BEST" solution for powering the PC soundboard IMHO..

PC might fit in ribbed...(need to check).. batteries might fit in lower 2" section going into choke a bit..

this leaves the other aspect of your question..

crystal chamber? where you plan or want this?

is this a crystal chamber ONLY see when you pull out the insides? or is this a constantly visible crystal chamber that have a cut-out/window to display it?

these eat up precious room, that you already have little of.

As far as crystal chambers go.. again there is no set answer..or right or wrong for that matter. its what you see in your head and how you go about making it a reality.

your basic crystal chambers consist of chassis disks.. acrylic or aluminum (as in the TCSS store).. threaded rod and small OD/ID brass/aluminum rods/tubes.
    brass/aluminum tubing
    4-40 threaded rod (or whatever size you need)
    chassis disks
    leds
    crystal

Couple with some leds and a either an acrylic or quartz crystal mounted in there.

I suggest searching and reviewing MANY of the builds here. to get tips and ideas on how they did theirs... and how they tackled/overcame certain obstacles of making a crystal chamber.. (such as hiding to snaking wires past the crystal)....etc

removing the choke with a longer extension piece will help alot of your problems..

hope this helps.

Some re-use old computer hard drive parts to dress up their chambers.. some make custom pieces/parts for theirs.

I kicked the crystal chassis idea for right now. Until I start my fan film and make more money, its not a necessity.
    Personally, I wonder if it would be okay if I occasionally dropped in to ask you both some questions during my WIP. Im going steady so far, working from top to bottom. Like Im gonna shoot for a Red Seoul P4, and possibly try to create a rechargeable battery section somewhere down the line.

Here's my final hilt design that Im working with btw:
    The Syndicate Specs.jpg

If I can find all of the larger internal pieces and get their measurements, the rest should be somewhat less difficult hopefully. But Im looking to you two for help, if thats okay.
    "I have brought Peace! Freedom! Justice! And Security to my new Empire!" -Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Closing this thread at request of Original Poster.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!