Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: TCSS Theme Song!!!

no prob, my brother to the north. you make some of the most friggin' awesome sabers here, i wasn't gonna leave you out

[]

cheers. BTW, coffee's on after Jan. of 2007...gonna be makin' my trek to you and Strydur's neck of da woods then

-------------------------

"Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some idea-balls to remove from a manitee tank."

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

<font color="blue"><font size="3">The song is cool, but I'm disappointed and a little insulted that you didn't mention the one female who posts here with any regularity.

I'm only the one who started the whole "Learn to build your own EL lightsaber blade" thing a few years back.</font id="size3"></font id="blue">

In order to see the Light, you must sometimes risk the Dark.

you must have missed my first post...if you got left out, don't get bent. i wasn't picking on you 'cause you're female, lots of people didn't get mentioned. trust me, i wish i could have included everyone. ('course, then the damn song would have been a 2-CD set)[]

"Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some idea-balls to remove from a manitee tank."

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I think JLo should get her own song.

Song title: "Grammar Nazi!"[][]

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?.

</center>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by xwingband

I think JLo should get her own song.

Song title: "Grammar Nazi!"[][]
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

There is one out, but with a gent'ler title: The Imperial March.

You don't need to see any identification.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

<font size="3"><font color="red">You forgot "Spelling and Punctuation" </font id="red"> </font id="size3">

<font size="3"><font color="blue">I know that everyone couldn't be included, I guess I just thought that I should have been one of them. I guess I'm more "famous" on other boards than this one.</font id="blue"></font id="size3"> []

<font size="3"><font color="maroon">Ok, I'll stop whining about it now.</font id="maroon"></font id="size3">

In order to see the Light, you must sometimes risk the Dark.

You're famous to me J-LO!

If I were a sith - I'd kill you first... but I'm not - so I won't.

Come to think of it - be careful what you wish for! If you want fame, you might end up with some teenage nerd stalker!

MC

You want to go home and re-think your life

Well it seems that this song has made it big time! You know you have a hit when the kids start doing it as a cover tune. My son has started bangin' out the tune on his guitar and asked me to get "the sound" So, I guess you are now a guitar hero so as such if you would like to post any information on equipment and how you get the "Mi Gin Gonn sound" I know a little boy would be happy.

<center></center>

let's see...the left-speaker guitar was a fender telecaster, the right-speaker guitar was a washburn idol...both were ran thru a marshall amp. there's also a third rhythm guitar panned slightly left of center that was the washburn run thru my friend ylber's mesa boogie triple rectifier (it's not that loud in the mix, just there to fill out sonic space and add a little extra "oomph." the song was recorded on analog reel-to-reel 8-track and then bounced to my DAW where it was mastered with a program called T-Racks (awesome program, makes your stuff just as loud as commercially made CD's)

tell the young 'ern the key to a kickass guitar sound is to crank the crap outta the midrange...that's how ya get a nice crunch that cuts right thru the mix. if you kill all the midrange you get that cheesy amateur metal sound. i prefer the crunchy rock sound a la angus young or izzy stradlin.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Mi Gin Gonn

let's see...the left-speaker guitar was a fender telecaster, the right-speaker guitar was a washburn idol...both were ran thru a marshall amp. there's also a third rhythm guitar panned slightly left of center that was the washburn run thru my friend ylber's mesa boogie triple rectifier (it's not that loud in the mix, just there to fill out sonic space and add a little extra "oomph." the song was recorded on analog reel-to-reel 8-track and then bounced to my DAW where it was mastered with a program called T-Racks (awesome program, makes your stuff just as loud as commercially made CD's)

tell the young 'ern the key to a kickass guitar sound is to crank the crap outta the midrange...that's how ya get a nice crunch that cuts right thru the mix. if you kill all the midrange you get that cheesy amateur metal sound. i prefer the crunchy rock sound a la angus young or izzy stradlin.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Makes me want to go dust off my Taskam 4-Track and Jam!
    Too bad I can only play Drums...

Have you read your Thread Index today?
    FAQ
    Official Designated TCSS Jester!