Thread: Suggestion of current.

Default Suggestion of current.

I'm creating a CF saber with FoC. I will be using a 10W LEDEngin to light the blade and flash and it will be powered by a 18500 Li-Ion battery pack. I'm going to give the LED 1A of current and also there will be an illuminate switch thrown in there which needs about 20mA. How much current do you think I should give the FoC die? I would just like a value of how many mA you believe I should feed that die. I will be able to calculate the resistor myself. Thanks a lot everyone!

Welcome to saber building. You've taken your first step into a larger world.

"Don't get the idea that your [lightsaber] is a quick little project to be slapped together." - Luke Skywalker

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Single die or a pair? Series or parallel if a pair? I usually calculate mine for 1A-1.2A

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Quote Originally Posted by FenderBender View Post
    Single die or a pair? Series or parallel if a pair? I usually calculate mine for 1A-1.2A
    Single white die

"Don't get the idea that your [lightsaber] is a quick little project to be slapped together." - Luke Skywalker

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Single 18650 or a 7.4v pack? If its a single 18650 then a 2W 1Ohm will work fine. If it's a 7.4v pack then its going to be like a 5W

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

It's actually going to be a 18500 pack, 7.4V. I want to use the 18500s because they are a little shorter than the 18650s and I'll be able to save a little space. (I'm going to make a stick pack).