Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: LEDengin 5w and 10W info and wiring guide....for noobs

Council Member
    Jedi Master

2-3W 3ohm resistor should be fine.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

noone knows how a all red one of these ledengines will wire up to a US2 soundboard? i really would like to know, got the answer for a all green with a couple pucks to drive it and larger batt pack, but unless someone knows how a all red wires up to US2, then i will have to use a P4 red i guess if the old L3 red/orange goes out, cuz im guess it will just wire up same as the L3 is.

Lan-Ed-Tul
    The Brotherhood Of The Sith
    SL 6208 501st legion & SLD
    TK-6208

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side.......
    Proud member of the FSM!!

Council Member
    Jedi Master

You can wire two dice in series and wire that up to the US board. To use the other two dice, you'd need to find out where the PWM pin is BEFORE it goes to the driver circuit. I don't know the answer to that. You would use that pin to connect it to a PEX and drive the other two dice in series.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

thanks for the input, on this, i appreciate it. if i have to use one of these leds, i will prolly just use the 2 die wired as you said to the us board, and not worry bout the other 2 at all, just use the 2 and if they blew, then i could wire the other half up and use it, this would keep it simple, and not complicated trying to do the pex thing and all, am i correct that i can use just the 2 die and not bother with other 2 for now?

Lan-Ed-Tul
    TK-6208

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Yep. 2 dice on a red will be brighter than a LUX III as is, and you should be pretty satisfied. Then, once you felt comfortable with it, you could wire it up for Full Powah™

GET LATHED!

awesome thanks, i am definately gonna do the all green one in my jedi saber, it just runs off a puck drivin a L5 green right now and a recharge port recharge pack TCSS used to carry back when, i know ill have to change that batt pack for a larger capacity setup to run 4 green die, and 2 pucks drivin the led dies.

Lan-Ed-Tul
    TK-6208

hey Fender, i did forget to ask one thing on the all green puck driven setup, no board, just pucks. what size pucks should i run? 2, 700's or 2, 1000's?

Lan-Ed-Tul
    TK-6208

Council Member
    Jedi Master

1000's. LEDengin's are current hawgs

GET LATHED!

thank you sir

Lan-Ed-Tul
    TK-6208

Hello,
    I have been reading this thread as well as others for some time now. My question is this...

I am about to be starting a project here in a few months. This will be a CF 5.1 project with a LEDengine 10w RGBW. What I want is for the blade color to be a perfect shade of verridian green using G&W and a FOC of Purple using the R&B. I will be using a 7.4 Lion pack with either 2 14500's or 2 18650's ( havnt decided). I know the battery pack choice is important in this.

Ive been looking to see how this would be properly wired but I cant figure out if putting the G&W in series would accomplish the color I want. Everything Im reading says parallel would do it.
    I also couldnt find a wiring diagram/tutorial for this unless the one in this thread is how you do it and I just misunderstood. Im also new to using a PEX.
    Could anyone point me in the direction of a diagram / tutorial for this......or if this thread already has it to maybe elaborate ? Thanks