Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: LEDengin 5w and 10W info and wiring guide....for noobs

cool, sounds just almost like how i wire a L3 red now, but in this case, each pucks led wires would run to 2 dies series'd together to make a pair, i may just have to get me one and try this out, i always used the red/orange L3, to me the way i used them they always looked red to me, just not deep red, but still a good shade of red nonetheless. i take it also, that a P4 lens holder will fit the star? i see that only a 5 and 8.7 degree lens are in the shop, i never could get a 5 to work well, but have used a couple 8.7's and they , i think work better than a 10. you stated that for a green and amber i prolly would need 11.1 volt pack, but you didnt say what size for the solid red one, is it same 11.1, or less?

Lan-Ed-Tul
    The Brotherhood Of The Sith
    SL 6208 501st legion & SLD
    TK-6208

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side.......
    Proud member of the FSM!!

A 7.4v pack will work for red with the dies connected Series-Parallel.

It'll also work with blue. The only tricky color is green.
    To see Videos of all PC/CF Sound Fonts I've made, Go here: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA6B3CDFC18F2015A
    If you're interested in one of the fonts, send me a PM.

I'm planning on running RB in series for main and GA in series for clash. Considering the the difference in voltage demands for the GA pair how would I work out the resistor for the PeX? All the calculators assume that the Vf of the dies in series are the same. I know there wouldnt be much of a difference but still I wouldn't want to burn out the amber die nor would I want to under power the green.

Cheers,

Baz.
    "The Sith grew past the use of lightsabers. But we continue to use them, if only to humiliate the Jedi."―Darth Sidious

cool, thanks

Lan-Ed-Tul
    The Brotherhood Of The Sith
    SL 6208 501st legion & SLD
    TK-6208

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side.......
    Proud member of the FSM!!

Quote Originally Posted by bk_renesis View Post
    I'm planning on running RB in series for main and GA in series for clash. Considering the the difference in voltage demands for the GA pair how would I work out the resistor for the PeX? All the calculators assume that the Vf of the dies in series are the same. I know there wouldnt be much of a difference but still I wouldn't want to burn out the amber die nor would I want to under power the green.

Cheers,

Baz.
    The series calculation is done the same way as with a single die. You just add the VF-s together and use that number.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunrider View Post
    The series calculation is done the same way as with a single die. You just add the VF-s together and use that number.
    Thanks mate!
    "The Sith grew past the use of lightsabers. But we continue to use them, if only to humiliate the Jedi."―Darth Sidious

Will a 7.4v pack give a RB in series with a GA for the FoC enough oomph for a good, bright color?
    MR ROTS Anakin
    MR AOTC Mace Windu
    MR ANH Darth Vader
    MR ROTJ Luke Skywalker
    MHS Custom Lux III green US 2.5

You would need to run atleast 14650 batteries I would believe.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

14500s would run it. 14650s would give you more run time.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS