Thread: Need help decideing what part to powder coat in whic powder coat to get.

Question Need help decideing what part to powder coat in whic powder coat to get.

I don't know which PC to get I want to it to be black (I dont want flat black) so I orignally wanted black chrome but in most pics it looks more of a gray but I like help it kept the metalic texture/look But it was still that gray color then there is wet black whic gets rid of the texture/look but is accually black and i' been desinging my saber and I want one more part to be black but dont know which to pick BUT you see I plan on getting another that would look the same but the color scheme would be reversed (so that way I could have a light side dark side saber.) But if Tim cant powder coat lets say the all of the main body expect for the fluted sections then I would just go with the orignal saber color scheme.

my mhs saber so far.jpg

well for starters no, tim cannot PC all but the fluted sections (it would be awsome if he could though ). secondly IMO the saber seems a bit on the long side, personaly i'd get rid of the two extentions, get slots cut in the choke as custom work. then maybe get the choke PCed.

cool design none the less, you decided on a blade colour yet?

Well for blade color I dont really know if I want to go with blue or royal blue and well for the hilt you see I want to add in a crystal chamber but if I add that in at one point in my saber it would be a male thered and a male thered togeter so theats whythat double female adapter is ther for. Im leaning towards the wet black PC here is my newer (just an extra PCed part.) Im going to go with this or this with a PCed chocke also what size blade do think I should get the hilt legnth is 15 1/2 IN also will an illimanted av fit in it I know I would have use th av switch drill hole service but In the mhs builder there seems to be not much room in the hilt this is with the long sytle I want the short stle but they dont offer a shor "blue" av switch my saber 2.jpg
    Last edited by masumi08; 11-25-2011 at 11:34 PM.

wow..that's a monster sized saber. As for the powder coating.. he can coat a body piece THEN machine flutes in...which would leave the flutes metal with the body coated..not sure if that is a idea your looking for. (check out his recent post on custom work)

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Gads what a pain in the arse though. If you request it PC's and THEN the flutes machined, don't expect to be on his Christmas card list.......

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

All right so shorter version of this saber did some consideration and boy was my orignal saber design huge went to a local hardware store picked up a pipe that would be the same size man was that unconforatable, also I'm still wondering what you guys think on which powdercoating to get I know I want a black PC but dont know which, Also because time cant do the PC I need for the future twin saver (that was going to have a reversed color scheme) the twin saber will have the same color scheme just a different blade color so because of that the saber need to look like it could be a lightside/darkside saber. so If you think the hilt my designh could go both ways YAY. If not that I will have to make some changes and and the last thing anyone know if tim sells a battery holder that would run at 7.2 volts when using rechargable batterys also if you could link the batterys that would be great OH and a good blue led for a crystal chamber for future upgrades. (one day I will get my hands on a crystal focus one day.)saber updated.jpg
    Last edited by masumi08; 12-05-2011 at 03:45 PM.

Tim sells 14500's and 18650's which you can make into a pack and they will be 7.4v and rechargable.

14500's are AA sized but have more juice (3.7v each vs 1.5 for standard AA or 1.2 for rechargable AA) just 2 14500's for the same output you will need at least 5x standard AA's, or 7x rechargable AA's.

If you plan on charging IN the hilt you need cells that are not protected individually and will need a 7.2-7.4 PCB to wire them to.
    If you plan on charging OUTSIDE of the hilt then get 2x14500 protected cells and just use a AA holder, and the Li-Ion charger that tim also sells.

Note on using battery holders - find some way to secure the batteries, because they will get knocked loose/out of the holder and your blade will go dark (until you open it up and put them back in place) if you plan on dueling.

So Im wondring could this hilt have room for 1.crystal focus sound card (when I get the money)2.rumble motor 3.PLI 4. 2 14500 li-ion batterys and the PCB for 7.2 li-ions. 5. 2aa batteryholder. also because I plan on making this sabers twin I want to find a way two do the following A. Im almost postive you cna but change out the the main led and B. change out the led for the crystal chamber. Im wondering because I going to buy an adapter and make a saber staff with the twin and I think it would look a bit werid if they were different colors.