Thread: Honoraria

Default Honoraria

Okay, this is my third sink tube Graflex replica in a row. I seem to be stuck in a rut
    This one is for a staff member who helped me land an NSF grant last year. Built from a 20 gauge sink tube using my modified Ant's graflex replica patterns. The clamp is scratch built aluminum, as are the "bunny ears". The blade holder is the first one produced on my "new" WWII-era Craftsman lathe. TCSS-supplied Seoul blue, short pins, textured clamp tape, swing sensors, clash sensor, and heat sink. Button, glass eye, and calculator bubble strip came from somewhere else on the web. It uses one of the new LED ladder Hasbro soundboards (a Vader) with no BuckPuck nor resistors. The "on" is almost instant, but the "off" has a nice dim-down effect with this board.

IMG_0245 by Orthus, on Flickr

IMG_0246 by Orthus, on Flickr

IMG_0247 by Orthus, on Flickr

IMG_0248 by Orthus, on Flickr

IMG_0249 by Orthus, on Flickr

IMG_0251 by Orthus, on Flickr

IMG_0252 by Orthus, on Flickr

IMG_0253 by Orthus, on Flickr

IMG_0254 by Orthus, on Flickr

That's cool man if you don't mind I would love a PM on how to use that new ultimate fx board.thanks great work.
    "The force is everywhere, it binds us togeather"

Not bad not bad. I think this build more deserves Petit Crouton though. You gonna upgrade sometime when you can? Your staff member would have a blast with the Petit Crouton
    board, doing all the blaster blocks and blade lock ups. xD Nice blade too.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanatos1986 View Post
    That's cool man if you don't mind I would love a PM on how to use that new ultimate fx board.thanks great work.
    Heck, if you've got 'em, please post for all of us. There's bits and pieces here and there about them, but no one official wiring diagram - that I can find anyway.
    Last edited by jvidamins; 12-02-2011 at 09:25 PM.

Gotta love an original! And your third build too, must be getting good at them!

Actually, my fourth overall, but my third Graflex-style build. The next one's blade holder is on the lathe already. I'm going for a Kit Fisto look on the emitter/blade holder. I still have a ton of turning to do before it's ready to mount in the sinktube, though.