Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Latest build

Default Latest build

Hello Everyone. This is my latest build, and as you can see this one is not PVC. LOL.

Petit Crouton LM
    7.4 Lithium Battery pack
    2.1mm recharge port
    Aux Switch
    Switch Bezel
    AV switch in Blue
    PLI
    Royal Blue LUX LED
    Premium TCSS Speaker
    and standard blade and diffuser

The materials are Aluminum, Copper and Brass. All hand cut with a dremel, holes made with a hand drill and jewlers files... Hope you like it I had fun building it. Thanks Again Tim for your help!! OH and sorry about the messy background my daughter was doing homework!! LOL

PICS and Video

Last edited by JRD1; 11-18-2011 at 11:54 PM.

I love the pommel insert! Kinda reminds me of a car's rim. Cool looking saber overall.

Board Lurker
    Blog Entries

Default Cool Build.

I like it , Its unique, and i especially like the pommel insert looks like car rims

Nice work. Good mix of metals and features. That pommel insert is most impressive. Looks much better in video then the pics IMO.

Yeah I realized that after building it up! LOL Thanks I liked it too!!

Quote Originally Posted by mps View Post
    I love the pommel insert! Kinda reminds me of a car's rim. Cool looking saber overall.

Thanks, pictures never really do any of these sabers justice IMO... It seems the pommel insert was a hit!! The gentleman I built it for was very pleased, and at 65yrs olds looked very much like a kid when I handed it over to him which made my day. What is hard is building these from scratch and putting everything into them then letting them go! LOL God help me when my kids leave for college I will be a mess!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Chambers View Post
    Nice work. Good mix of metals and features. That pommel insert is most impressive. Looks much better in video then the pics IMO.

Nice saber. At first I thought it was a custom sink tube saber til I saw it was all made of aluminum and brass. xp

Thanks, you are partly correct, most everything on it came from a hardware store, with the exception of the aluminum tubing and switch bezel. LOL Eventually I will go to a machined saber design, I am looking into a three in one drill press, Mill, and Lathe so I can learn to do my own machining. They sell between 400-1500 depending on the brand name. Thanks again it was a fun build!

Quote Originally Posted by jedimastergarcia87 View Post
    Nice saber. At first I thought it was a custom sink tube saber til I saw it was all made of aluminum and brass. xp

An original design and materials...Inspiring...I like it

Thank you, I looked at some of your builds and you have built some real nice ones. I just wanted to see what I could do with my own hands, and a little thought. It was fun trying to figure out how to get all this stuff cramed into such a tight spot. What you dont see in these pics is the sled I made to attatch the LED, Batteries, sound board, PLI, and speaker to, and get it wide enough for the AV switch to slide through without shorting the board or something... Unlike the sleds I have seen I went with thin dowel rods and nylon washers.... That was interesting!!LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad Doon View Post
    An original design and materials...Inspiring...I like it