Thread: Carbon Fibre Storm Troopers

Default Carbon Fibre Storm Troopers

Hi, I was trawling the net for storm troopers designs and found this just posted on Gizmodo Australia. Carbon Fibre Stormtrooper outfits. These guys must be rich!
    Here is the link
    http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2011/11/th...stormtroopers/

Want one!
    With the Blast Shield down I can't even see.. how am I supposed to fight

Jedi Padawan
    Jedi Padawan

Knowledge must be balanced by Practice.
    Practice must be balanced by Experience.
    Through Knowledge, Practice, and Experience
    we gain Wisdom.

-Boj-Vaati Mau
    Jedi Sentinel, Jar'Kai practitioner,
    and Instctor at Strafe Plains Temple

Saber Guild: Strafe Plains Temple
    The Rebel Legion

That's pretty cool. I think it's great that their boss helped them out with their project. You know those suits cost a small fortune.

I'm working with it and it's not that difficult. It really conveys the sense of texture, and the impression of being a multi-weave composite substance at home in the Star Wars Universe. I live in a 1-br. apartment; if i can do it, you can do it. Everything you need is readily available, not that expensive, and pretty well-behaved and predictable. you get better at it with each successive piece. The below photo shows CF fabric skinned over found objects (shin and forearm protectors), skinned atop heat-formed Sintra sheet, and in the case of the calf piece in the center, a pure CF object, with no substrate. There are many colors to work with, different blends such as carbon fiber alternately woven with kevlar, different weave styles for different textures suggesting different exotic materials (phrik, cortosis, duraplast, etc...) and dyes you can use to tint or darken a given piece's resin. I was planning on wearing this at DragonCon this past September, but didn't make sufficient progress. I've doubled my efforts, to be totally done by spring. Give it a try, it's fun, all but the asphyxiation from the noxious solvents and hardeners, but what's a few brain cells between costume enthusiasts!

The carbon fiber troopers are cool but why go through all that trouble and then leave the teeth out of the bucket? It just looks wrong to me.

bit of useless info for you , i saw this guy on descovery that dives with great whites and over the top of his suite and chain male he wears carbon fiber body armour designed and made by one of the costume guys from sw and its identical to storm trooper armour just dull and black

Cool stuff but looks cheap... Anyone that owns a high-end car with carbon fiber body pieces or trim and stops next to a can-fart civic with a 'CF' hood/vents knows what i mean.
    Corbin_Das: If I got a tattoo below my waist, it'd say "Found someone you have I would say, hmmmm?"

Maybe but the all carbon fiber body of the new Mclaren is sweeeeeet!! LOL there is a company in the San Diego area named Carbon by Design, I wonder if this was those guys?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronan View Post
    Cool stuff but looks cheap... Anyone that owns a high-end car with carbon fiber body pieces or trim and stops next to a can-fart civic with a 'CF' hood/vents knows what i mean.

Quote Originally Posted by JRD1 View Post
    Maybe but the all carbon fiber body of the new Mclaren is sweeeeeet!! LOL there is a company in the San Diego area named Carbon by Design, I wonder if this was those guys?
    Yes the new McLaren is very, very nice.

Today i exchange words with the owner of a brand new white R8 with the full outside/inside carbon fiber upgrade. Smexy car

Still isn't as nice as the red + CF ferrari 458 that drives around here. That thing is nuts...
    Corbin_Das: If I got a tattoo below my waist, it'd say "Found someone you have I would say, hmmmm?"