Thread: Simple padawan stunt

Default Simple padawan stunt

Hello people

I put this hilt together a month ago or so, but had no time to post pics of it until now. It is a simple build, using a resistored white Luxeon III and a NiMh 4AAA battery pack, just enough to light it up. Hope youŽll like it...

hi!
    as you said, it's a simple saber, but it looks nice. simple is not alwys bad
    but one question: have you installed the switch at the end of the pommel or is that big screw at the end of the hilt used as switch?
    BR bato

The switch is hidden behind the pommel, but I need to change it for accessibility. Unscrewing the pommel everytime I want to activate the saber is not nice :-p ... Besides, this hilt was built in a hurry, and has plenty of things to improve, maybe even a sound upgrade. Thanks for looking!

There are a few pommel inserts that will hold a switch for you. You could easily install one of those and mount the switch there, and you wouldn't need to unscrew it all the time.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Vazan, that is a great looking stunt. Simple, yet still nice. I think I will do something similar to that for my son's first MHS saber.

That is a nice saber period! I would sport that as my saber. I love "simple saber designs." Like a long dress, you can see the curves of the saber. lol Nice work!!

Thank you all for the compliments! Upgrades for this hilt have become necessary sooner than I expected. I unscrewed the pommel this afternoon to activate the saber and caught a glimpse of something gone wrong: A battery popped out place and sweating! Got to plan the innards better next time

IMO, making a simple, short, and good looking saber is not easy, but you've made it. Don't add too much stuff on it, it looks great as it is (maybe this new plated short switch from the shop).
    un saludo vazan.

A good simple saber isn't quite as easy as it sounds but you did good. I like the subtle overlay near the pommel. I usually find when things are simple they need to be done right to pull it off while more complex builds can distract you from detail.

I suggest you use one of the screw holes holding on the overlay section as a switch. A switch alone can hold on an overlay. Then I'd put a recharge port in the pommel and you'd never have to open it again. It might take some research to learn how to make and install a battery pack and port but well worth it.