Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: First saber build

Default First saber build

So here I'll post my progress of my first saber build. I'm gonna do this thread for motivation, tips and most importantly a reminder for myself to do it.

Inside is a Luxeon Rebel Star Amber led, 8.7 degree lens, 4 AA batteries, a latching switch, and a resistor.

I made it simple for Halloween.

This is what is looked like when I first put it together,

Style 13 blade holder, Style 4 standard hilt, MHS Gear extension, Pommel style 4 with insert 12(i took the D ring part out, it was annoying)

Then after dueling with it a bit, I decided to take off the extension and add some O rings for grip

with blade in, lights out. 30" TCSS Battle Blade, Bullet Tip.

So now its after Halloween. I'm planning to do some upgrades.

First I'm going to paint it: (sorry for a small image, if I knew how to model or render I would)

Then I'm going to put in a Seoul P4 blue LED, 5 degree lens(gonna try it out), Constant Current Driver,Convertec Clip and I'm going to change the blade to a 30" Corbin battle blade, Quad Wrap, Standard Tip.
    Last edited by Rock22; 11-06-2011 at 04:42 PM. Reason: updated image

Looking good. You sure that bullet tip is a good idea for dueling? Looks like a stabbing waiting to happen.

Just a thought.

It hurts when you get hit in the throat with 'em.
    yea we didn't think that through when we ordered them, thats why we are getting standard tips

All good. Although I have thought about in an emergancy situation, i.e. break-in and as such, a bullet tip could come in handy.

Okay, my new parts have shipped, just now I'm in dilemma. I thought I had a finale design for my hilt. but then I thought of these:

*the yellow would be a metallic gold
    Last edited by Rock22; 11-14-2011 at 07:45 PM.

Jedi Padawan
    Jedi Padawan

If you are going to swap to a blue blade I'd say go with #3. If you're keeping with amber/yellow then use #2.

Knowledge must be balanced by Practice.
    Practice must be balanced by Experience.
    Through Knowledge, Practice, and Experience
    we gain Wisdom.

-Boj-Vaati Mau
    Jedi Sentinel, Jar'Kai practitioner,
    and Instctor at Strafe Plains Temple

Saber Guild: Strafe Plains Temple
    The Rebel Legion

update: added a Blue P4, corbin quad wrap battle blade, covertec clip, constant current led driver.

on the way: sound card, metal covertec button, box 9, nickel plate momentary switch, yellow accent led, and the eventually paint.

will post picture when I put put more parts on

I know zero about this kind of thing but I want to get this for a friend for Christmas who is in love with Star Wars. I found a picture on the site of a Luke model and was hoping for help with a specific list of parts for it; if I should assemble it before giving it to him; if so, how; etc. Any and all help would be seriously appreciated. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by slahpreston View Post
    I know zero about this kind of thing but I want to get this for a friend for Christmas who is in love with Star Wars. I found a picture on the site of a Luke model and was hoping for help with a specific list of parts for it; if I should assemble it before giving it to him; if so, how; etc. Any and all help would be seriously appreciated. Thank you!
    umm dude this aint the thread for that kinda of question

Oh, alright. Thanks!