Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: looking for a machinest

Default looking for a machinest

Are there any machinests out there with access to a 3 axis cnc mill that could help me make a saber hilt? I only have access to a 2.5 axis haas vf-oe and a mini mill. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    -pat

I'm pretty sure soliciting services here is against the forum rules and regulations. Tim offers many parts to create your own custom saber, not to mention the fact that he also modifies those parts further for an additional fee to suit customer specifications. Try talking to Tim first and see if he can meet your demands, just to be courteous. If you have a design in mind that you know won't be achievable with MHS parts (like a curved hlt, for example), I suggest posting on a forum other than this one to find a machinist. Keep in mind that this is the forum for Tim's business, and looking for business from someone who is not Tim on his business site is pretty rude.

Thanks for looking.

If Tim can help me that's fine. Idk how to get hold of him so if he could pm me that would be kool. Thanx
    -pat

im not trying to step on anybodys toes here. i was talking to my boss about this build and he told me we didnt have the program to make what i wanted. plus we are really busy and on top of that he didnt wana program it anyway. he told me i needed a person with a mill that was a full 3 axis machine. i came to this community of people that do this kuz i figured some one would be able to help me. i truly dont mean any disrespect to anybody just looking to be pointed in the right direction. so if Tim is willing to work with me to get this finished then i would appreciate his help. -pat

Here's a link for you. He's pretty prompt, very reasonable, and very straight-forward about what he can and cannot do. If you can provide a visual of what you want to him, it will save you both some time, so I recommend preparing something for the first time you contact him.

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/ContactUs.aspx

If he can't help you, shoot me a PM, and I can recommend a couple people on these forums who could probably help you out. Hope this helps. Cheers.

NO harm...no foul. =)

you didnt know.. (now you do)..

This forum is associated with Tims 'store'.

( www.thecustomsabershop.com )

so talk of sales and custom work in usually not talked about out of respect for him and his business here. =)

I suggest emailing Tim directly.. (although Im not sure if he has a 3 axis CNC mill..etc).. CNC machines for sure.. just not sure what 'level'..

Also.. FX-sabers.com may be a place you ca go to seek other info.

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

I do not know of any cnc mill that is not 3 axis.. left/right, in/out, up/down. The 4th axis would be a rotary table. So I have a 4 axis mill..
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Tim has you covered then!
    This is why I love TCSS...

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Quote Originally Posted by Strydur View Post
    I do not know of any cnc mill that is not 3 axis.. left/right, in/out, up/down. The 4th axis would be a rotary table. So I have a 4 axis mill..
    cool!
    <starts to salivate...>
    LOCKHEED

off topic..

then whats a '2.5' axis??