Thread: IndustrialAction's Vintage Graflex V - Featuring CF v5.6

Default IndustrialAction's Vintage Graflex V - Featuring CF v5.6

IndustrialAction's Vintage Graflex V - Featuring Crystal Focus v5.6

Greetings saberland! It gives me great pleasure to proudly post the reveal thread for this saber. I commissioned this saber from Ducous Rossis (FX) several months ago when I acquired two vintage Graflex three cell flashes. This is one of them and the other will be revealed in a few months (shhh...that one's a secret!). Many of you have followed our build-log thread on FX. The saber was originally designed with a Petit Crouton and was actually completed when I lucked out and acquired a few CF v5.6's in one of Erv's releases (THANK YOU ERV'!!). I hate to say it but I asked Ducous to tear the guts apart and re-wire everything with the CF. This is the end result and I could not possibly be happier! The following pictures highlight several exciting features of the build and will be followed-up by some glam shots and a video. Enjoy!

Specs
    Crystal Focus version 5.6
    LEDengin 10W RGGB - GB Main (bin 6 blue), RG FoC (orangish, movie accurate IMPO)
    7.4V IN-HILT RECHARGEABLE Li-Ion Pack
    Dual, Drilled Crystal Chamber featuring Aqua Aura and Angel Aura Quartz Crystals
    Multiple Accent LEDs
    Low Battery Indicator
    Real Copper Accents & Conduits
    CC Greeblies
    Slothfurnace Circuit Card
    Smooth Mylar (Hero Promo Style...see below)
    Rare Channel-up Kobold Placement
    Hidden Sound Vents
    Graflex Red Button Main & Aux
    "Your Father's Lightsaber" Natural Weathering
    7/8" IndustrialAction Blade
    Graflex Blade Plug
    Obi-Shane Custom Stand
    Ehwwong Custom Plaque

Fonts
    Ep V Re-Mastered by Novastar
    Ep V Ice Planet by Novastar
    Rainsizzle by Novastar
    Bespin II by Madcow
    Clone Wars by Phoenixjedi
    Pod Racer by IndustrialAction

Saber Inspired by...

Specs

Kobold

Kill Key/Recharge Port

Easy CF Card Access

Real Copper Accents

Low Battery Indicator LED

Lit Dual Quartz Crystals

Additional Accent LEDs

Blade

Flash on Clash™

Glams

Video

Last edited by IndustrialAction; 11-03-2011 at 06:22 PM.

Absolutely gorgeous!! This has been my favorite character hilt since I was a little kid. You've done a wonderful job with yours. it doesn't get better than this you know? You've got a screen accurate prop with lights and sounds powered by the Holy Grail of saber sound boards. Oh but enough of me rambling. Superb job!!

Welcome to saber building. You've taken your first step into a larger world.

"Don't get the idea that your [lightsaber] is a quick little project to be slapped together." - Luke Skywalker

Just wow dude!
    "The Sith grew past the use of lightsabers. But we continue to use them, if only to humiliate the Jedi."―Darth Sidious

Nice! I know you're happy to get it done. Since I have a graflex reveal in the works I know whats involved. Can't wait for the video. I'm guessing the low battery indicator is visible through the clamp? If so great idea.

Thanks all! I went back and forth with Ducos on the look I wanted and he more than met my expectations.

Crystal - yes, the low battery indicator is visible through the clamp. That idea was all Ducos. It was an excellent addition that I never would have considered.

Awe stuck, simply, awe stuck.

First post updated with video!

Quote Originally Posted by Machinimax View Post
    Absolutely gorgeous!! This has been my favorite character hilt since I was a little kid. You've done a wonderful job with yours. it doesn't get better than this you know? You've got a screen accurate prop with lights and sounds powered by the Holy Grail of saber sound boards. Oh but enough of me rambling. Superb job!!
    Yeah...

Awsome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    and... May the Force be with You...