Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: "Muur's Revoke" My 2011 custom saber comp entry

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Well, I was sad to see this one in 7th place. I really think it is one of the most innovative sabers of the year. Kudos to you.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

thankyou very much LDM! this means a lot coming from you as a council member and actual saber smith.

I got a lot of negative feedback on this saber when I entered it and so I didnt come back on tcss for almost 3 months.

I didnt touch Muur's Revoke for 3 months as well...Id made it to tryn show I could make a "real saber" and it had failed and so I gave up.

Dgdave was the reason I returned. It was his kind words that convinced me to return to tcss and make Muur's Revokes gallery thread.

funny how far a little negativity goes huh?
    }---------------{
    ]-----------------"Fullmerge Benzin"----------------------------------------:Beware of the dark side:--------------------------------------- "Fierfek"--------------------------------[

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Yes, negativity can indeed hurt. I look at sabercraft as an art form. That does make it a bit subjective, but that is also what lets everyone be a part of the process. I have posted sabers that I personally LOVE with nary a comment, yet I have posted sabers that I thought were kinda meh and have had 6-7 pages of comments, so one never knows what will be a hit. This particular saber is a master lesson in creativity IMO and should be lauded. Once again, great job!
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Thankyou again LDM,

I took Muur's Revoke along to armagedon expo here in auckland and although i was in my sith warrior costume the biggest attraction was the light saber! everyone wanted to hold it and asked all about it.

A few photos of the expo, couple with a 501st member I meet there in his TOR jedi knight costume!

I had a couple on the 2nd day I was there come up and say they knew my lightsaber! had seen it on swnz and recognised it! I had a bloody good time there
    Last edited by vctrsone; 11-29-2011 at 04:34 PM.
    }---------------{
    ]-----------------"Fullmerge Benzin"----------------------------------------:Beware of the dark side:--------------------------------------- "Fierfek"--------------------------------[