Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hasbro Kit Fisto Force FX Removable Blade Lightsaber Disassembly Tutorial

After a little bit of studying I believe I have a way to do this conversion with only minimal nonsense, and a slightly more complicated way as well.

First, the easy way. I'm going to cut the original blade off just below the first pin after I get the clash sensor out.That way the black outer sheath can remain attached so there's no modifications needed. The original blade can be hollowed out and used as a blade with the luxeon then. The only issue with this plan is space, I havent yet gotten my aquamarine LED so I'm not sure if everything will fit due to the added complications of the locking system put into play with the removable blade, however, it seems quite possible.

The other possibility is to simply sand the emitter and put a regular blade in there, padding it out with some strong tape or something on the bottom so it will be held in properly.

Either way, the primary issue is whether there will be enough space for the LED, connector piece, and clash sensor while leaving enough space for the blade to be secure for battle.
    Currently studying forms 2, 3 and 5
    Working on an Ahsoka Tano custom built, and a Kit Fisto Removeable blade
    Just completed my Arctic Blue Anakin conversion!

Tim is going to release his conversion kit for sale at some point, so you might want to just be patient and wait. I have an early model of it and it works great, patience is a virtue ; )

I asked my wife if i could get a $5,000 lathe and she said "...no, but thanks for asking." : D

thats cool fog, im looking to getting one.
    "The force is everywhere, it binds us togeather"

AAAAARGH! no... no... there is no emotion, there is peace...

Guys, I opened up my Kit Fisto with no problems at all, but he wiring is an issue for me. I have a grey grounding wire, a white wire to the clash, a purple mystery wire, and then a ton of other wires that are clearly the sequences wires to the blade. When I connect the grey to the purple directly the sound comes on. HOWEVER, when I connect these two wires to my LED the LED doesnt come on and theres no sound. I've tried every wire combination I can think of and nothing works to get the LED working. Anyone got any ideas?

This board is identical to the other removable blade sabers. Check out the other conversions and you will figure it out.

Thanks a lot, I looked it up and it was just that dumb purple wire that was messing me about. For anyone coming here later for answers - Purple, grey, clash sensor are negative, and all other wires are positive, pop them into the LED and you have no problems. The purple causes the sound to go on not because it's positive, but because it's basically a sensor that will turn the sound off if it doesnt detect the presence of the blade and make a connection, hence why it's called presence.

Here are some quick basic instructions for what I did:

Aside from the wiring info up there, all you need to do is cut the white wire to the clash sensor and remove it from the blade strand, then cut all the wires going from the sound board to the connector. The connector with the blade you dont need at all. Wire it up as you would for any conversion and then what I did was to add a sheath to my blade and led assembly as the blade chamber in this is larger than most other sabers. Measure the sheath on the blade so it will be fairly snug against the screw on cap, and permanently attach it to your blade. This is cool because you don't even have to drill a hole or anything. My saber looks great now and there'll be pics to follow!

Default Convertion

Quote Originally Posted by cordaroyfog View Post
    Tim is going to release his conversion kit for sale at some point, so you might want to just be patient and wait. I have an early model of it and it works great, patience is a virtue ; )
    so since im a noob to customizing my sabers what all needs to be done to my Kit Fisto now that the conversion kit is out?
    Last edited by PegasisMcMaster; 05-20-2012 at 04:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PegasisMcMaster View Post
    so since im a noob to customizing my sabers what all needs to be done to my Kit Fisto now that the conversion kit is out?
    buy a led, lense, lense holder, and the conversion kit.
    "The force is everywhere, it binds us togeather"

Do you have to cut the plastic housing at all?

Sorry to bump an OLD post, but just wanted to say TY! Have this saber, and it would not come on at all. Been looking for a couple weeks on how to pull apart, and this was the only one I found. One of the wires on the battery pack had come free from Solder, currently fixing! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!