Thread: Black series luke anh led problem.

Default Black series luke anh led problem.

I have a 2015 hasbro black series luke anh. I converted it and the led I installed won't shut off completely when I power it down, it only dims down. I used the kylo ren tutorial for soldering the sound board. Everything else works fine just the led problem.
    Attached Images Attached Images

It might be that the solder for the red wire might be running onto the other solder point. It could also be that the Luke board is mirrored from the Kylie Ren board. Just my thoughts. haven't gotten around to installing a new LED on mine yet as I don't know what to use. What all did you use for your conversion?

Clean up the solder joint on the board, as rob pointed out, it looks like you have a short or solder bridge there, and the led still lighting up dimly is a good indicator of that.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Quote Originally Posted by RobMcLaury View Post
    It might be that the solder for the red wire might be running onto the other solder point. It could also be that the Luke board is mirrored from the Kylie Ren board. Just my thoughts. haven't gotten around to installing a new LED on mine yet as I don't know what to use. What all did you use for your conversion?
    I just used the 1" diameter heatsink. It fits in the original blade holder tight but I still added a retention screw for the heatsink.