Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: first post and first saber: misfortune star

Nicely done - shroud work is very strong, I really like it! Keep up the good work!
    Yub Yub Commander.

GREAT 1st!! I mean AWESOME!! I still can't make a saber that nice. Well not to me. Your 2nd will kill!

Wow dude, that shroud work is off the chain! Well done mate.
    "The Sith grew past the use of lightsabers. But we continue to use them, if only to humiliate the Jedi."―Darth Sidious

very nice. I'm really liking this one. do you have a template for the shroud?

Pretty Frikkin' Sweet.

I liked your ideas for color, but I probably would've gone with black Powder Coating in the grooves only and nickel plating for the shroud and maybe the box, too. Nickel ages pretty well on its own, and the fact is that even new nickel gives it that "used future" look.

But all in all, sweet saber, impressive in its own right, more so by it being your first. Hats off to ya!
    "In the battle with one's self, there can be no winner, for the victor and vanquished are one and the same"

-Me

thank you guys, I am getting kind of flattered^^ I am actually really happy that so many people like my design.

with all the encouragement here, I am thinking of a new saber. I suddenly got some ideas that i would like to put into reality, but I don't know how and when. Let's see what the future brings.

Quote Originally Posted by PaPa_FoZzY View Post
    do you have a template for the shroud?
    Not really, I just thought of something that would look nice, took a sheet of paper, draw a few lines and started to cut it out. I don't really make a lot of plans. Most of the things I do develope during the workprocess.

Quote Originally Posted by Batosai View Post
    I don't really make a lot of plans. Most of the things I do develope during the workprocess.
    ditto lol

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I get so excited when I see "first post... first saber" Why? because they always are amazing!

You did a phenomenal job sir, I will be watching your future sabers with great interest.
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

All the problems aside, it looks great! Love the shroud work! Ditto the positive comments here. I like it!

Remember, your LED will ALWAYS look brighter in pics and vids... If you're not playing with it at night, it's not gonna impress you...

Very IMPRESSIVE first build... (and) thanks for sharing your story... I think people often forget that impatience or inexperience WILL absolutely hang over your initial build like a cloud.. BUT if you step back, take your time, re focus on (or re read) the tut's/wips.. just general knowledge topics.. ANYONE can build something that will be forever displayed as a proud accomplishment.

Now without further adu (as it is your first saber)... Please allow me to welcome you to the Ranks of the TRUE Jedi/Sith (<-the ones who build thier own).. Welcome my friend, Welcome

~dave
    Last edited by dgdve; 11-02-2011 at 05:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gin Malinko View Post
    just an added note on this.
    I vote dgdve as the site's motivational speaker. haha
    "Yes Lord Vader, and I too have a gift... for you.."

"There is no good or evil, no black or white.. There is only.. Perspective"