Thread: JSS/LDM Scratch Starkiller

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Smile JSS/LDM Scratch Starkiller

JSS Scratch Starkiller

This is a partially completed Starkiller (when it got to me) made by Judgesabersmith. It is for a "buddy". He had some requests on this hilt for which Judge and I must needs comply. He needed some "bars" to protect the crystal chamber to keep small fingers out'a there . He also requested an amber LED and quartz/amber chamber. Check, check and check. Just an aside...this is the absolute best of the JSS Starkillers as it has been refined to the point that t me it is literally perfect so kudos to JSS. For my part, I built the chamber (replete with brass bars to protect the crystal...JSS did send the bars) and the box (from scratch). How did I get the crystal to be amber? That be a secret It has a HO square white LED powering it. This saber has no visible wires. It also incorporates Reverse Sound (c), Jango-style switches through a weathered black card and my new "Easy twist" pommel for amazingly easy PC SD access. Although the crystal does not look particularly bright in the pictures, it is surprisingly so (for a quartz) in person. For further details see below and thanks for lookin'.

Particulars:
    PC-U w/TFU Remastered by Nightstorm
    LEDEngin 5W Amber LED
    Amber Quartz Crystal Chamber
    Reverse Sound (c)
    HO Kobitone speaker
    Easy Twist (c) Pommel
    7.4V Li-ion w/Recharge-kill in Pommel
    Custom "Protected" crystal Chamber

The BMT:

The Glams:

Chamber and Box Detail Pix:

All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by PaPa_FoZzY View Post
    very nice, good job...
    Thanks
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams

Awesome, amber led on a starkiller = WIN!!! Very nice bro.
    "The Sith grew past the use of lightsabers. But we continue to use them, if only to humiliate the Jedi."―Darth Sidious

Beautiful saber!
    As a nube, I have a question though: are exposed crystal chambers the norm? I thought that most folks had them inside the hilt, revealed by a door latch or something?

Oh I LIKE!
    Yub Yub Commander.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by GoleLiath View Post
    Beautiful saber!
    As a nube, I have a question though: are exposed crystal chambers the norm? I thought that most folks had them inside the hilt, revealed by a door latch or something?
    Your imagination is the only limit. As for this hilt, it is a Starkiller V1 replica, chamber and all.

Thanks for the response. Again, beautiful. Your coloring and weathering are really authentic looking!

Man that saber rocks!!!

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
    Man that saber rocks!!!
    Thank you Sir.