Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Which blade?

Post Which blade?

I want to buy a blade for my MHS saber, and i've had so many different suggestions saying different things every time so its really confusing!! I'm going to be using a Red/Orange Lux III LED, what blade is most evenly lit and very bright with this LED? Any Ultra Sabers blade or TCSS blade with how many wraps? (I'm going to be fighting a lot with this blade, too.

Pics would be great, too!!

The most evenly lit blade would be a thin wall tube with a quad wrap of corbin film and 6 ft of polypropylene or cellophane.

Or use a white polycarbonate tube and use a double of Corbin film and 4-6ft of poly P/cellophane.

Either of those 2 recipes will yield you the best results.

The 1st will be evenly lit within the tube and the 2nd will be evenly lit from the surface of the tube.

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by killphil View Post
    The most evenly lit blade would be a thin wall tube with a quad wrap of corbin film and 6 ft of polypropylene or cellophane.

Or use a white polycarbonate tube and use a double of Corbin film and 4-6ft of poly P/cellophane.

Either of those 2 recipes will yield you the best results.

The 1st will be evenly lit within the tube and the 2nd will be evenly lit from the surface of the tube.

Hope that helps.
    yea that helped, thanks, but i dont really know where to get polypropylene or cellophane, and recipes using parts from TCSS or whole sabers?

Look at the sticky topic right above. That will explain all you need to know about constructing the blade.

Uhm, killphill, he said he wanted to do a lot of fighting, so a thinwalled blade might be, allthough brighter, a bad idea.

If you want to duel, get a thickwalled blade. for evenness, get cellophane, for a core effect get Corbinwrap. more cello, more even, more Corbin, more core. thats it.

mTm

Quote Originally Posted by mihunai View Post
    Uhm, killphill, he said he wanted to do a lot of fighting, so a thinwalled blade might be, allthough brighter, a bad idea.

If you want to duel, get a thickwalled blade. for evenness, get cellophane, for a core effect get Corbinwrap. more cello, more even, more Corbin, more core. thats it.

mTm

Contrary to popular belief, those thinwalls can take more of a beating than most of us are capable of delivering. Just try breaking one sometime and see if you don't break yourself first. The tip will pop before you break the blade. Thin walls are just fine.

And your wrong about the Corbin film. The LESS Corbin the more pronounced the coring effect is.
    Last edited by killphil; 07-11-2009 at 02:54 AM.

woah which one? sorry but ya'll are confusing me lol

It's not so cut and dry as Corbin=coring, cellophane=evenness. A combination of both produces the most evenness as well as a slight coring (coring only applicable in a clear tube, not in a Ultraedge/white poly C blade).

Check out our experiments from a few years ago when we initially hammered this out from ideas presented by Gelu Khan and Erv:

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ead.php?t=3058

My comparison's are on page 5 of the thread right below. that should give you a good idea of the differences of the blades and combos available to you.

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ead.php?t=3074

As you can see, we have been all over this in much detail. Just read each thread in it's entirety and check out the comparison's to make your own decision.
    Last edited by killphil; 07-11-2009 at 02:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by killphil View Post
    Contrary to popular belief, those thinwalls can take more of a beating than most of us are capable of delivering. Just try breaking one sometime and see if you don't break yourself first.

And your wrong about the Corbin film. The LESS Corbin the more pronounced the coring effect is.
    well, of course the thinwalled are sturdy as well, but id rather be on the safe side instead of risking to throw away 40 bucks or so, wouldnt you?
    as for the corbin, my bad.

mTm

I've been dualing with the same pair of thinwalls for over 2 years. They've held up extraordinarily well. I won't even use thickwalls anymore due to the inbalance they cause.

Trust me, unless you're trying to wrap your saber around a tree/building/rhinoceros, you'll be perfectly fine.