Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Biomech saber WIP

Default Biomech saber WIP

saber2.jpgsaberb.jpgsaberdos.jpgsaber1.jpg

The saber so far is a two part epoxy resin (Magic Sculpt) over an old vacuum wand. I added two MHS sink tube adapters, double female threaded section, pommel and sculpted over the blade holder.

that looks interesting! I am really curious how the final saber will look like.
    will you leave the magic sculpt stuff on the saber as it is, or is it just a positive form for some GRP (glass-reinforced plastic)?

The sculpt is permanent and pretty tough, so I'll be taping off the between bits of metal and paint it to look like bone. Then I will wrap the bend and the sound/battery chamber in a faux leather. It will be a red Sithy saber. If anyone knows of a stronger resin I'd like to try it. I made another saber with this stuff and it can withstand moderate dueling with no cracks or chips.

photo(1).jpgphoto(2).jpgphoto(3).jpgphoto(4).jpgphoto(5).jpg

Staining and drybrushing the epoxy, getting ready to seal it with Testors Flat enamel. Plotting my wrappings too. Hoping to have a finished saber by next week.

Nice! I can dig it. I've been wanting to do a sculpted saber myself and you just pushed me a bit closer to making it happen.

very nice, I really like how the bone-parts came out!

being honest.. the first pics.. I was like.. (YUK!)..

then I saw the painted/finished parts! MUCH BETTER!... your 'weathering/painting' really made a HUGE difference in appearance for me.

good job on that!..

Id even say post a tut on how your approach to painting weathering the sculpted 'bone'.

=)

the finished product looks great!
    Personally I would have liked to see the "bone" up the blade holder area, but thats me.
    Yub Yub Commander.

Quote Originally Posted by xl97 View Post
    being honest.. the first pics.. I was like.. (YUK!)..

then I saw the painted/finished parts! MUCH BETTER!... your 'weathering/painting' really made a HUGE difference in appearance for me.

good job on that!..

Id even say post a tut on how your approach to painting weathering the sculpted 'bone'.

=)
    Thanks, I have a background in model painting, Warhammer 40k, Dungeons and Dragons miniatures. I basically took what I know about that and applied it to my resin sculpt. It was a ton of fun and won't be the last I do like this. So I may just do the tutorial. Thanks again to everyone for the positive feedback.

TUTORIAL WOULD ROCK!!!!!! =)

please & thank you! LOL