Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: blade emitter with claws...

Default blade emitter with claws...

hi, i'm after a blade emitter system that has dooku style claws. i want 3 claws on the emitter, it needs to fit mhs parts. i have found some clawed emitters on ultra sabers, the raven and war glaive but i do not like the war glaive emitter system and whilst i do like the raven setup and they do sell the claws there is no emitter for sale that suits it unless i buy a totally new hilt. as i do not need a full hilt, nor want to pay the $100 they are asking for it my question to you people out there is - does anyone know where i can find such a clawed emitter kit that has the ability to have 3 claws with the emitter and retention screw that will fit mhs parts and take a 1inch diameter blade? any help would be appreciated.
    MAY THE FORCE SERVE YOU WELL.

if it's not for sale in the store here, build it yourself.
    asking where to buy things that aren't here is bad form.

ok 1st- im new to all this. 2nd- how was i to know. offence was not my mission. 3rd i don't have access to a lathe or machining facilities. 4th if you had bothered to look at my status you would realise im a noob only trying to get into this great hobby, what were you like when you 1st started eh? did you ask questions? did you make unintended mistakes? probably. so go easy dude, im just asking for help, not smart ass noob bashing comments. how about posting me a link on how to make such a thing to an amateur like me instead of getting all self righteous on me. help not chastise. it's what i would do had the roles been reversed. i wanted something to fit an mhs sabre i am building for the 1st time with what i have available so if any others out there have any helpful suggestion i'm all ears.

Well, Jamo was a bit blunt, but it is one of the big no-no's on this forum. Please read http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...rs-please-read and pay special attention to the section that states:

Banned Items:
    Soliciting sales – Sales are not allowed on the forums! Tim does not condone any buying or selling, both publicly and via PMs. Remember, he CAN read all of your private messages. This includes linking to eBay for your own sales (without Tim's approval).

There are many stickies with good and useful information on them. It will save you a lot of hurt feelings if you read them over first.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

ok no probs. i meant no offence at all. forgive my noobiness. d'oh

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Since you are new, please read all the Stickied threads in each subforum.

If you'd read this one, under "Banned Items", you'd have seen where it says-

"Soliciting sales – Sales are not allowed on the forums! Tim does not condone any buying or selling, both publicly and via PMs. Remember, he CAN read all of your private messages. This includes linking to eBay for your own sales (without Tim's approval)."

This means not only selling something, but asking where to buy something.

And, I see that Silver Serpent beat me to it.

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?7360-Forum-Guidelines-All-members-please-read

In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Sorry if we get sharp, but it just gets frustrating because questions like this have been answered many times and they are in stickies or you can find it using the search bar. For future reference, check those first when you have a question. That being said, talking about buying and selling from other sources than this shop is against forum rules. However, if you wanted Tim (the owner of tcss) to make you a custom part, that would probably best be discussed over PM.

edit: holy simultaneous posts batman...
    Last edited by Tanimal; 10-27-2011 at 09:48 PM.

I have sifted through Ultrasabers and the claws they have for sale are the ONLY thing that they have in stock that Tim doesn't. I say, buy those claws you want and attach em to the MHS emitter you already have. Drill and tap a few holes, and bada-bing! Dooko style saber.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen View Post
    Since you are new, please read all the Stickied threads in each subforum.

If you'd read this one, under "Banned Items", you'd have seen where it says-

"Soliciting sales – Sales are not allowed on the forums! Tim does not condone any buying or selling, both publicly and via PMs. Remember, he CAN read all of your private messages. This includes linking to eBay for your own sales (without Tim's approval)."

This means not only selling something, but asking where to buy something.

And, I see that Silver Serpent beat me to it.

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?7360-Forum-Guidelines-All-members-please-read

I understand why this is a rule, you guys are looking to protect your business and hobby that you all helped shape. I have had these forums set me straight a few times too. Jedi Loreen was one of them. I know you have been here and feel very strongly about these boards and this activity. I understand you have the power to block and ban me from this forum. But I have to say, your addition to the Soliciting Sales rule is GARBAGE.

He can't even ASK about parts he found on his own? It's not like he was hawking Ultrasabers, trying to pull us all away from TCSS. He wanted some advice on parts. The Dooku style saber has been around for almost a decade, and other saber sites have a claw option. Perhaps Tim should offer a style or two? I know I sure would like that. As of now, if I wanted a clawed emitter without having to arrange a custom order I would be FORCED to try another source.

Right, go ahead. Tell me why I'm out of line.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

How do you know Tim isn't and hasn't been working hard on a simple system for implementing claws? The only other 'site' (singular) that offers a DIY claw/emitter is US, and they are infringing on the MHS system by doing so. This is another reason that it shouldn't really be discussed here. This is a DIY hobby. If it isn't readily available, DIY. Simple. Or barring that, how about, I dunno, contacting Tim directly and see what he can do? That seems like it would make sense to me.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS