Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: First Saber Build: New EPOCH

it is a Gladius hilt, how did you remove the switch?

Flat head screwdriver, pliers, and elbow grease. If its one of those plastic switches, It helps if you rotate it out as you pry it up. Then clip the wires and it will come right out. Then you can pull the rest of the electronics out through the pommel.

Keep in mind that if you use an illuminated AV switch you will have to make a larger hole for it. I did it the old fashioned way (a Dremel and a file). But I wouldn't suggest it. If you have access to one, use a drill press. A 5/8" should do the trick. Hope that helps.
    Last edited by Ty_Bomber; 05-13-2012 at 10:41 PM.

ok cool, i gotta figure out how to gut a fx saber for the soundcard next lol

Or splurge on a PCv2? You get much better sound quality, your choice of sound fonts, user configurability through rice, and foc. All of my personal sabers will be PC from here out. I only used an MR Board for this because it was going back to the original owner. If it had been mine it would be PC all the way. And the Gladius is a nice hilt. Having a great soundboard would make a huge difference.

If you really want to cut your teeth on an MR board, visit the fx-sabers forums. They can point you in the right direction, and you won have to gut an existing hilt.