Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hello Everyone

Default Hello Everyone

Hi, i have been using this forum for a short time as i have found an interest in custom built lightsabers (the hilts fr now) [] I have already bought some tubes for that from TCSS and i am very happy with what i recieved!

You all seem a very helpful and friendly bunch and i have yet to see a flaming post (rare in forums!) so good on you everyone!! [8D]

I am currently attempting to build a hilt with some guidence from the big yellow box site. Its been fun, i am trying to compensate for parts that i cant get in the UK such as those blasted slipjoint polywashers, cant get them anywhere lol. So that has been fun and forced me to use some creative flare!

I am fortunate to have a dad that is a skilled metal worker so he is passing some skills onto me which has been great! I so far have a tube with a emitter head using TCSS 1.25 and 1.50 inch tubing.

Hope to get some valuable advice and techniques as im sure that there are some very skilled people from the screenshots i have seen so far

.Jack.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

so what do you want help with?

<center>

At last we will reveal ourselves to the jedi, at last we will have revenge.
    </center>

Welcome Jackrao2

<center></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Darth Technous Sith Lord</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Give yourself to the Dark Side</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Jackrao2

...You all seem a very helpful and friendly bunch and i have yet to see a flaming post (rare in forums!)... [8D]<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

You haven't read very much yet have you?

Ether that or you're stating that in comparison to the sevarity of many other sites. If that's the case than we can contribute that to the derailment unit for doing such a fine job![]

Couple of tips...
    -Look in the Thread Index before posting any Q.
    -Never ask about the Luke ESB Type Emitters... Ever!
    -Yes, you can convert MR FX Sabers to Lux LED's
    -No there is not a conversion kit for the MR Darth Maul
    -A-wings are slower than X-wings
    -It wasn't build by Do-Clo unles the cokie jar is in the background.
    -If you see this banner, or anything simmilar... Ether run and hide, or run to the package store! I like Micro-brews, but for some reason Dr.Pepper is the beverage of choice around here.
    -Yes there is a store attached to this forum, (as you obviously know.)
    -Tim (stryder) is God here
    -xwing is Jesus
    -Do-Clo, James3, Wolverine and I are the deciples. (according to post count)
    -Countdown... We still can't explain him. Your're going to have to figgure him out for your self.
    -Do NOT ask how to post smileies! Again, you have to figgure it out for yourself.

Feel free to add more guys...

And welcome to the forum!

<font size="1">Beware of the fish</font id="size1">...

Have you read your Thread Index today?
    FAQ
    Official Designated TCSS Jester!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Bold is me.

Originally posted by Firebird21[/i]
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">[i]Originally posted by Jackrao2[/i:ac9194e167]
    ...You all seem a very helpful and friendly bunch and i have yet to see a flaming post (rare in forums!)... [8D]<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

You haven't read very much yet have you?

Agreed... things happen but it's a friendly bunch if you don't do some of the mentioned.

Couple of tips...
    -Look in the Thread Index before posting any Q. Please!
    -Never ask about the Luke ESB Type Emitters... Ever!
    -Yes, you can convert MR FX Sabers to Lux LED's
    -No there is not a conversion kit for the MR Darth Maul
    -A-wings are slower than X-wings I fail to see your point[]
    -It wasn't build by Do-Clo unles the cokie jar is in the background. What about LAN and the peanut butter jar?
    -If you see this banner, or anything simmilar... Ether run and hide, or run to the package store! I like Micro-brews, but for some reason Dr.Pepper is the beverage of choice around here.
    -Yes there is a store attached to this forum, (as you obviously know.) Yes, even so there are threads on probably ever other saber maker out there. Just look.
    -Tim (stryder) is God here
    -xwing is Jesus
    -Do-Clo, James3, Wolverine and I are the deciples. (according to post count)
    -Countdown... We still can't explain him. Your're going to have to figgure him out for your self. Really...
    -Do NOT ask how to post smileies! Again, you have to figgure it out for yourself.

Feel free to add more guys...

And welcome to the forum!

<font size="1">Beware of the fish</font id="size1">...

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?.

</center>

Council Member
    Sith Lord

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Do-Clo, James3, Wolverine and I are the deciples. (according to post count)
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

you forgot about Lan firebird []

<center>

</center>

Welcome, and enjoy your stay......as much as humanly possible.

im one of those weird people who still fails to have a saber, but still gets on this forum alot, i have bought from Tim, still i am stupid for being cheap and thinking i didnt need to buy a part i was pretty sure i needed [] but sooner or later good will come of the ill ...

(The dude wont stop attacking until the sig is destroyed!) Vader is a pimp in every shape in form.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

that is one MEAN set of braces on that lamb []

<center>

</center>

Thanks for the welcome

I dont need help as such yet....not untill I start wanting to venture into full bladed all singing lightsabers and I cant find anything already posted of course! []

Some of the forums i have read get really bad where new people suggest something and they get slamed rather than someone just suggesting to do thier homework. Here i see people generally helping but letting people know what to do [8D]

Hmmm a question

Can anyone suggest something to use as the grips like you see on vaders saber. Im not talking about buying them or windscreen wipers as from what i have seen it doesnt give the effect i want.

.Jack.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/sa...?idCategory=20

very bottom of the page []

<center>

</center>