Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: NEED HELP MACE WINDU conversion AAA+

Force Aware
    Force Aware
    Force Aware

Default Again thanks for the response.

Again I did't start this post to bash anyone.
    And I'm not here to take sides in an ongoing cat fight. I am here to build great sabers and share them with the world. I learn by doing and learning from mistakes, so if the boards suck then lession learned and I move on. Im a big supporter of TCSS , I've ordered all my stuff from here and will continue to do so because Tim is the man. I haven't gotten the oppertunity to get a crystal focus board or petite board but I intend to get them as well again to learn and progress . As I repeat Im just trying to learn, not make friends or enemies. I have a few saber conversions on ebay >>>>PLUG < PLUG. But I don't consider myself in the "industry", and I refuse to get caught up in DRAMA between factions; as I have retired from stage combat.
    I still would love to know what type of resistor to use with 7.4 v running the violet accent led , obtaining a louder speaker , and tunning an rgb led to get a windu like purple? I appreciate the advice and sincerly hope i didn't offend anyone here , as it was not my intention do hurt anyones feelings.
    Regards,
    Darth AXA

ok im dumb you are using a nova sound board and that is the stolen Ultra sound board and if it is the same. im willing to bet that it is you only need one 3.7v Li-ion to run it with a 3W star led 7.4v if you wanna use a 5w led. the sound board has 2 accent led pads an with them you will not need to use a resistor on the accent led/leds and the TCSS speaker will work just fine.

if you use a 3w LED on the nova board ant a 7.4v battery pack you can over heat the board if i rember corectly. i love my Ultra sound 2.5 it may not be the best sound board but it is not bad i must say having used econ sound, MRFX sound, Ultra sound, and a PC-L i would stick with the PC but all the sound boards are better then no sound. i think so atleast and why not try them all that is how you will find the one you love most.

"You are a Jedi who never knew what life was until it ran out in a big gush over your lips."

<ARKM> "May you come to the attention of those in authority"

Council Member
    Jedi Master

I don't really like cats all that much, and surely wouldn't fight them No offense taken, or meant. I have thicker skin than that (6061 aluminum, though it is scratchy). There aren't really "factions" either. Either you're part of the saber community or you're not. Jesse Randall is not part of the saber community. Nuff' said.

On your louder speaker, the Regal speaker sold here is plenty loud and fits in tight spaces. Tim also has some new speakers coming if you want more boom. You can also check out model train stores (online/offline) and check out anything 30mm and under round, 8ohm, 1-3W. That'll fix ya.

As far as tuning an RGB, well....I could spoon feed ya, but we frown on that here and you wouldn't learn anything. There are color mixing tutorials on this forum to show you how, but basically here is a run down of what you'll need:

A digital multimeter
    A 1W 100ohm to 200ohm (lower ohm ones are harder to find in 1W) potentiometer
    A complete series of 1W resistors. They're cheap, and you'll always find uses for them. I have on hand complete series of 1/4W, 1W, and most 2W, as well as a complete set of SMD resistors.
    DX RGB LEDs. They're cheap, buy several of them, enable bulk rate pricing, look around for other cool gadgets you might need (desoldering braid, heatshrink, tools etc.) www.dealextreme.com

Basically, you hook the pot inline with the red die (the DX RGB's are marked BACKWARDS, + is - etc) and hook it up to your sound board. Tune the color with the pot (with a blade of course). Disconnect pot without turning the knob. Set the multimeter to measure resistance, 200 ohm setting. Touch your probes together, the number you get is your "slop" and you subtract that from whatever value you get from measuring things. Measure resistance of the pot with the multimeter. Bam, that's the resistor you need. Simple. Done.

Good luck.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Force Aware
    Force Aware
    Force Aware

Default Thank you guys so much

GEEZ WEEZ WOOZIE wookie WOWZA
    Thats led tunning sounds complex. Im humble enough to understand my limits and it looks as if tunning/bomb making is where I tap out.
    My new master plan is to maybe use 6 aa nimh with a 6 battery holder wrapped in rubber band to prevent a battery wardrobe malfunction. With a white luxeon, colored filter ( i dont think they are too bad, i do love that TOR yella) 8.7 deg lens , luxeon lens holder. spst mom switch hidden under the top rubber grip , and rechargeport where the covect knob is. Im thinking the addition weight of the bats will give me the attributes i enjoy.
    After all I am a chubby lightsaber chaser.
    As for the speaker i've alway used Tim's in the past and I think history may repeat itself again and again.
    With the accent light somewhere , still taking suggestions.
    Thanks so much for all the responses, good, bad and indifferent , I'm devestated with appreciation.
    I think ima use all this knowledge for power, then with the power I could spread a lil knowledge? Much?

BTW. my sound boards say ultrasound 2.5 on it wah wah

^^^^
    if you want a KOTOR yellow blade in my opnion the only way to do that is with the rebel white. that led with the yellow TCSS color disc is great i just love it and it is "BRIGHT" as you can see in the photo. now that photo was taken with my iPhone so it is not 100% to real life but it is bright and it will make you happy and if TCSS yellow is this nice i would love to see it with some high end color filters. you may be able to get a nice purple lee color filter and add that to the white rebel and you may just find a great looking blade in the end.

"You are a Jedi who never knew what life was until it ran out in a big gush over your lips."

Force Aware
    Force Aware
    Force Aware

Default oh me likey long time

IMG_0668.JPG

Like this one I did a while ago? Some lucky womprat just bought it off ebay for a mer 125. Good for him , I'll use the $ to buy more TCSS parts for my next windu. So I have sent a windu to France and now to Cali . Yes you will know my name is the lord when I lay my force upon you. IF anyone is interested I also have an ani and a luke on ebay currently for the same gutslicing low prices . Ouch.
    Now for my last question of the hour. What is the best glue to use when making a saber and what do you guys use for a "skeleton" on the inners of the saber . I mean really the inner structure from speaker to battery to board to , in this case, windu blade holde, I was thinking of the speaker holder to the 6 pack batter to the OEM soundboard to the blade holder. But as to prevent the rattling of my expensive saber inners? I'm open to suggestions.
    Regards,
    Darth AXA (conjoint twin of Count Sudooku)

with the glue go to a craft store and ask them what a good plastic glue would be. i have a multi type glue that is good foor wood, plastic, metal, ect ect i havent used it yet because i have not cut the parts for my chassie yet.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

So....you're selling conversions done with filters?

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Quote Originally Posted by fenderbender View Post
    so....you're selling conversions done with filters?
    fail!

Wise words do not distinguish a Consular, but the choices they make.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, NEVER for attack.

Force Aware
    Force Aware
    Force Aware

Default Yes Sir

Yes selling non complex swords to gather parts for better swords is one way I finance sabersmithing.

What do you guys suggest ... Bank robbing?