Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: NEED HELP MACE WINDU conversion AAA+

Force Aware
    Force Aware
    Force Aware

Cool NEED HELP MACE WINDU conversion AAA+

Hey saber land entities.
    I have a plan to build the ultimate mace windu saber. Since I like the weight and look.
    I have the empty complete hilt. I have a NovaSound 3.0 light version. I will get a p 4 white w/ dics and conversion kit. ( I have done 3 windu conversions , I could do them in my sleep.) Heres is my plan so far.
    I am going to used 2 lit ion 3.7 batterys for 7.4 volts ( do i need a PCB 7.2 v to work with it? Do they come in connected packs or should i get the onces with tabs ?
    I plan to put a spst momentary switch under the rubber grip where the screw is.
    I plan on drilling out the convect knob and putting the recharge port with covects kills switch there. What steps should i take?
    I plan on adding a crystal chamber to even out the weight , arethere any designs out there ?
    AM i misssing anything?
    Thanks.

you are going to need the PCB to charge the battery pack, you can also use 3.7V with or without tabs its up to you but i would say use the batterys with tabs on them. i had a hard time soldering one connection to my 7.4V pack and i would just like to save you the time and swear words =), i would also say use a Rebel White insted of the P4 the rebel is WAY better then the P4 so thats the LED to use.

recgarge port is easy enough with where you wanna put it just drill out a hole big enough and put in the recharge port (with all connections) and that is done and done. with the crystal chamber you are going to have to work out how its going to work for you build. there are plenty of crystal chambers that have ben done so have a look and see what you could do.

good luck

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...658#post202658
    ^^^
    link to white led photos mine are there with the P4 and Rebel in the last post both with fresh off the charger 3.7V Li-ions
    Last edited by thejedilestat; 10-22-2011 at 04:50 PM.

"You are a Jedi who never knew what life was until it ran out in a big gush over your lips."

<ARKM> "May you come to the attention of those in authority"

Force Aware
    Force Aware
    Force Aware

Default Thanks for the info

Thanks for the fast response! So 7.4 v will not fry a 7.2 v PCB that is sold here at tcss?
    Ill be ordering the tabbed batterys because soldering batts. is not my idea of fun. Am I going to need any resistors anywhere?
    For the crystal chamber im going to use the led from a force unleased hasbro saber that changes from green to red. And a salt crystal. Trying to find a way to make it purple. Im going to remove a few of the grips and have it peak through.
    Im going to go with your suggestion for the led. I have been using a hairdryer to get the grips unglued , is there a better way? also what glue should i use for the rebuild?
    thanks for the help again soo nice to see Jedi and Dark Jedi working together for a positive goal!
    - Darth AXA

the PCB will work just fine with 7.4V as for resistors you will not need any with the battery pack but you will need them for the crystal chamber. your best bet to get a purple crystal is to use a few red and blue accent leds i would think, you can use UV accent leds but i have never used them so i couldent help on that. i have my Mace conversion stock so i cant help with the grips but i think you need to slide them out not unglue them. take the black plastic sleve out from the saber and then give the grips a squeez and you will see what i mean.

"You are a Jedi who never knew what life was until it ran out in a big gush over your lips."

<ARKM> "May you come to the attention of those in authority"

Force Aware
    Force Aware
    Force Aware

Default great stuff!

I was going to use the LED from a plastic force unleashed lightsaber the one that goes green and red , for the chamber led, maybe with a blue filter . It looks like it has a resistor attached to it ill try to get a pic up in a few days. the grips towards the pomel pop out fine. But the rubber grip around the top is a tuff one to figure out . Esspecially since I want to put a tactile switch under it. What glue should i use the plastic one? hmmmm?

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Ok, you like 'em chunky. Ain't no shame in that man.

...but "Novasound"? Come ON man! Have some dignity and buy a board made by someone who actually gives a damn about the saber community.

As far as your chamber LED idea. FILTERING SUCKS. Period. Tip: go to LEDSUPPLY.com and look at their 5mm violet LED. Done. IF you are filtering for your main blade too.....well.....don't say I didn't warn ya.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Listen to him ^^^ he is boss on such topics. Enough said.
    "The Sith grew past the use of lightsabers. But we continue to use them, if only to humiliate the Jedi."―Darth Sidious

Quote Originally Posted by FenderBender View Post
    ...but "Novasound"? Come ON man! Have some dignity and buy a board made by someone who actually gives a damn about the saber community.
    I was refraining from saying this, but as Fender has already posted it I would like to say QFT

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Force Aware
    Force Aware
    Force Aware

Default Thanks for the response

Thanks for that excellent site! If i don't use a filter ( which i have used 3 time and really like the TOR YELLOW) How do i go about gettting a good purple?
    If im running 7.4 and do go with the violet accent light, what type of resistor do i use?
    I have seen a more loud speaker , anybody know where to grab one?
    It was the first time I picked up a Nova board, it was off ebay , and i got 2 3.0 for 200$ with overnight shippiing. I really cant complain , super smooth transaction and he answered all my questions and drew me a diagram. So to blacklist somebody because a few people don't like him is bad business where I come from.
    Thanks folks!
    Darth AXA

Council Member
    Jedi Master

We're not blacklisting him because a few people don't like him. That amount of absurd ignorance made me laugh We're blacklisting him because he is selling a product based on stolen IP. There is a whole history there, and if you did a little reading, you'd know it wasn't "just because a few people don't like him". He also shafted many people from his eBay sales. Sending them defective boards, not returning emails, then disappearing from eBay entirely for a while to let things cool down. Please don't assume that I'm that trivial to boycott someone who has done that much damage in the community without knowing first hand what he has done. Also, I believe in supporting those who support us. That means TCSS, PlecterLabs etc. Both of those companies have done HUGE things for this community and keep on giving. Also, the Novasound board just sucks. Period. It's an inferior product in pretty much every way. So to spend pretty much the same $ and not support those who are actually involved in the saber community is bad business where I come from. And since I come FROM a business perspective in this industry, I think I can speak with some authority

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS