Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Petit Crouton - no main LED power

Quote Originally Posted by Xanatos1986 View Post
    i think you have the same issue as me. next to the square piece is the LED pads, did and solder get on its holder? thats what happened to me.
    when I first attached the LED wires, i thought some solder did get over onto that square piece...when i finished i wasn't sure if it was a mistake on my part or if it was already soldered to that area, which led me to ask if it wouldve already been connected 'out of the box' before i had touched it. were you able to fix your issue?
    Last edited by ibskyde; 10-22-2011 at 03:55 PM.

Not to sound obvious again but are your batteries charged? Sometimes, the battery might have too low of an output to power the LED but enough to power the sound.

yep i worried about that too...made sure they had plenty of time on the charger beforehand. still nadda :/ thanks for the idea though!

Some other obvious questions but what is the led value in the config file set to? Is the config file properly set up on the sd card?

I tried adjusting the LED value a couple of times...from 35 to 46 and back, no change. As for the rest of the config file, i haven't changed any of the other values since I unwrapped it...looking at them and comparing them to the manual, they all appear to be appropriate settings.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Sounds like you bridged the LED driver to the (+) LED solder pad. Easiest way to figure it out would be to have Zook look at it.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

I ended up sending it out for repairs this morning...hopefully whatever I did wasn't too bad to fix :/ Thanks all for the help!

If Zook = Michael then you have nothing to worry about he's a PRO, and it doesn't sound too bad probably just a short somewhere he will be able to find under a scope or by backlighting the board... Take a deep breath you'll be fine.