Thread: A word from the wise...

Default A word from the wise...

And by wise, I mean Master Luke Skywalker himself. He says:

"You may have heard about Jedi Masters during the Clone Wars who were able to fashion lightsabers in only a day or two, using only whatever raw materials were at hand. But don't get the idea that your weapon is a quick little project to be slapped together."

Just something to think about. May the Force be with You.

Welcome to saber building. You've taken your first step into a larger world.

"Don't get the idea that your [lightsaber] is a quick little project to be slapped together." - Luke Skywalker

Where did you find this quote?

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Chambers View Post
    Where did you find this quote?
    The Star Wars Essential Guide to the Force

Welcome to saber building. You've taken your first step into a larger world.

"Don't get the idea that your [lightsaber] is a quick little project to be slapped together." - Luke Skywalker

Sounds extremely close to what was written in I Jedi. Wish we knew where The Star Wars Essential Guide to the Force quoted it from. Although those things make continuity errors all the time so they probably made it up.

nicely said...
    my starkiller has taken months.
    The Dark Side is all I have...

Currently in the middle of the Pacific Ocean

This is wise counsel. I have been reading all I can about making my first saber and although I have a good idea of what I want to do, I am still not comfortable in some aspects of my initial build.
    "Can't waste the day 'cause the night brings the hearse; So make a move and plead the Fifth 'cause you can't plead the First"

This is actually quoted from the Young Jedi Knights series volume 4: Lightsabers. Written by Kevin J. Anderson, if I'm not mistaken. I read them as a kid. Stood out to me immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Ty_Bomber View Post
    This is actually quoted from the Young Jedi Knights series volume 4: Lightsabers. Written by Kevin J. Anderson, if I'm not mistaken. I read them as a kid. Stood out to me immediately.
    This is definitely where it came from, as I have read them all as well, although in a compilation soft cover novel. Luke is addressing Jaina and Jacen solo, Tenel Ka and Lowbacca on Yavin 4 where Luke originally had his first Jedi Academy. It's also excellent advice to anyone that is just getting started in this hobby.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

You are correct sir. I may have to revisit that volume, seeing as how I'm still green to this hobby myself. If I can manage to get through Jacen's bad jokes...