Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Maul Conversion Question

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    No, I wouldn't try using the pin location for the retention screw. As you suspect, it is too low on the hilt to work for that since the hole is located almost directly over the area of the blade holder that contains your led. I have put them up near the emitter before in the black sections between the fins and used a black set screw making it nearly invisible to anyone that doesn't know it's there.
    Not to necro-post, but this partially answers/reaffirms a question I was wondering (and my other forum post can probably be deleted) -- the other question is do you recall what screw length did you use? I figure it's either 1/4 or 3/8 -- should I just err on the side of caution (as someone replied to my other post) and get the 3/8 and cut it down as necessary?

I believe I used a 1/4" on these before, and it fit just fine. If its short, itll just screw in further, since there's no head on a set screw.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Default Few Questions

I am planning on converting my mr darth maul light sabers to the luxeon rebel led. I would like to know if it is possible to use the darth maul hasbro removable blade conversion and some how modify my light saber in order for it to work on my mr. I would like to have a removable blade, and if I have to buy few things including a new blade that's fine. I also want to know if there is any way for me to replace the sound system to something with more noises similar to the hasbro models. One more thing, is there much difference between using my original blade and buying a new one? I'm trying to save some money but if the stock blades is going to look bad I might get new ones.

I don't think the Hasbro removable blade conversion kit will fit a Master Replicas non-removable blade version, you'd need to order the one made for your saber: http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/MR...kit--P238.aspx You can change the soundboard and batteries as well, it all depends on your skill level with electronics. you can re-use the stock blades, but they will need to be sanded to fit in the socket, or the socket will need to be honed/sanded to allow the stock blades to fit. Personally, I've never liked re-using the original blades, but it's personal preference on that. I found that blades sold in the store, or that you make yourself, will look much better than the stock ones do.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.