Thread: What's wrong with my swing sensor?

Default What's wrong with my swing sensor?

I've got the Hasbro Ultimate FX Anakin's Lightsaber, and on the Replica Prop Forum some guys were asking about how to disassemble this saber in such a way as to enable it to come back together. I decided to use my saber as a guinea pig and figured out how to get it apart without damaging it. However, when I went to put it back together, I accidentally caught the speaker and battery wires in between some of the alignment pins and guillotined them. So I soldered new wires in their place, closed the saber back up, and that was that.

Or so I thought.

For some reason when I swing it there aren't any "thrumm" sounds to go with it. I figure it's the swing sensor, but I don't see any damage on it or around it. Could the replaced wires have something to do with it? I'm an electronics noob, so bear with me. I also like these new sabers and would like to fix this problem rather than just junk it. Everything else works fine: the blade cycles up and down with activation, the LEDs are just as bright as before (though they now pulsate very slightly; I don't think they did that before), the activator works perfectly, the clash sensor works, and the hum works. It's just the swing sounds that are not working anymore.
    Debauchery in one person is deplorable.

Debauchery en masse . . . is a *party!*

If you can, post some pictures of the board, that might help in the diagnostic

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent