Thread: White Rebel or Seoul for color filters?

Default White Rebel or Seoul for color filters?

When you use a saber with color filters (TCSS filters in particular), do you prefer to use the white Lux Rebel or the white Seoul P4?

You don't have to answer this part but any reason you choose that one over the other?

Thank you one and all!

Welcome to saber building. You've taken your first step into a larger world.

"Don't get the idea that your [lightsaber] is a quick little project to be slapped together." - Luke Skywalker

I use the rebel white, it's 2x brighter than the p4 and the filters show really good even with 2 discs it's still real bright.
    "The force is everywhere, it binds us togeather"

Quote Originally Posted by Xanatos1986 View Post
    I use the rebel white, it's 2x brighter than the p4 and the filters show really good even with 2 discs it's still real bright.
    +1^^^^^

i have used a white K2, a white P4,and a white rebel with TCSS filters and i have had the best results with the rebel it really make the white p4 look weak. the K2 was nice but only made a great yellow with the color filters and the P4 made better colors with all color disc but i woul have to say use the rebel it will not let you down. im not saying the p4 is a waste of time but its no longer the best led for color filters i would have to say get both and see for yourself its not gonna run you an arm and a leg to do so. you can always make a nice flashlight with the P4 a 3.7vLi-ion and a 1.25 sink tube =)

"You are a Jedi who never knew what life was until it ran out in a big gush over your lips."

<ARKM> "May you come to the attention of those in authority"

Quote Originally Posted by thejedilestat View Post
    +1^^^^^

i have used a white K2, a white P4,and a white rebel with TCSS filters and i have had the best results with the rebel it really make the white p4 look weak. the K2 was nice but only made a great yellow with the color filters and the P4 made better colors with all color disc but i woul have to say use the rebel it will not let you down. im not saying the p4 is a waste of time but its no longer the best led for color filters i would have to say get both and see for yourself its not gonna run you an arm and a leg to do so. you can always make a nice flashlight with the P4 a 3.7vLi-ion and a 1.25 sink tube =)
    You know I actually just started thinking about doing that? I think I will now that you say I should too. And I like the flashlight idea for the LED I don't use. Thank you and Xanatos for your input.

"Don't get the idea that your [lightsaber] is a quick little project to be slapped together." - Luke Skywalker

What resistor would one use for a White Rebel with 6v from four AA's?
    Life is short. Yoda is shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by RoqueSaber View Post
    What resistor would one use for a White Rebel with 6v from four AA's?
    A 2.2 Ohm 5 Watt resistor. If you ever need to find out what resistor you need for something use this :

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/wi...er/wiring.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Machinimax View Post
    A 2.2 Ohm 5 Watt resistor. If you ever need to find out what resistor you need for something use this :

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/wi...er/wiring.aspx
    Ah, thank you. I tried checking the resistor chart, but it doesn't have Rebel stars on there yet.
    Life is short. Yoda is shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by RoqueSaber View Post
    Ah, thank you. I tried checking the resistor chart, but it doesn't have Rebel stars on there yet.
    Actually I may have been wrong the first time. It might actually be 3.3 Ohms 3.3 Watts. Double check that with someone else on the forums here. It's either the first i gave you or this one. Sorry
    about that but I hope I was able to help.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I moved your thread, because it didn't belong in the subforum where you put it.

Please read the Stickied threads in each subforum before posting in it.

Here's the Stickied thread you missed:

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...before-posting!!
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!