Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ferroutous V2 "Aether"

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Smile Ferroutous V2 "Aether"

Ferroutous V2 "Aether"

As those who follow my work know, I just recently released "Ferroutous", a subtlely modified MHS-based saber that was my testbed for what would eventually become my "Bronzium" weathering technique. Nobody on Fx showed the slightest interest, so I listed it for sale on my site. After about a week, the inquiries started flowing in. At the same time bites started on Fx as well. So, as typically happens when I list sabers in various places, I had three people who contacted me within 37 seconds of each other...all wanting it. As everyone knows, the first to ask does indeed have dibs and this case was no different. The runner-up is a "steampunk" chrononaut bounty hunter / merc and REALLY wanted Ferroutous to complete his costume. Luckily, I had the V2 of Ferroutous partially finished and was simply waiting for an excuse to finish it. Since I am trying to get caught up, it may seem disingenuous of me to mix in another project...but try to remember that I am on VACATION so if a project seizes me I am-a-gonna do it. So, this one is that spiritual successor to Ferroutous that the client named "Aether". I made it for a 6'8" Chrononaut. The hilt is ~13" long. It has classic Bronzium weathering and EPIC 3600mAh Li-ion battery pack. I really have wanted to use E57's awesome Steampunk font in a saber and this was my chance. I also thought that i would like to use a 7/8" blade...so I did that too. At it's core thought this is an Ancient saber like it's predecessor so I wanted it to have the "classic" saber cues and used some parts that I had sitting around for a while to complete it. I machined a custom pommel since I didn't feel as though any existing MHS pommel would quite fit (even if I modified it). A Custom box/diamond knurled clamp and lever with custom bubble card completed my design. Take a look and I hope you enjoy.

Particulars:
    Petit Crouton v1.5
    Eastern 57's "Steampunk" font
    Cree-XRE
    7/8" BH & Blade
    BG & G blinkys
    Green Crystal Pommel
    Kobitone HO speaker
    Machined PVC speaker enclosure
    3.7V 3600 mAh Li-ion
    2.1mm recharge/kill in pommel
    Oxidized Bronzium Weathering
    "Mesh core" Blade Plug

The BMT:

The Glams:

Blade plug views:

Link to Album: http://s291.photobucket.com/albums/l...20V2%20Aether/
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

I love the blade plug and color. The saber looks great and the weathering is outstanding. Not to much or to little. Its really a beautiful peace.
    "A correction added to one’s store of knowledge. It was a thing to be grateful for, not something to take offense at. "
    "Choose what is right, not what is easy"

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Thanks man.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams

Sweet saber! Looked awesome pre-weathering too... Nice use of the t-nut in the blade plug - a familiar but out-of-place object that was SUPPOSED to be used like that! Cool.
    I'm not sure if building an entire electronics package as a singular demountable object is really considered as "Intermediate", as presented in the TCSSU Course catalog (WIR295) - wow, and wickedly jealous...

I love that weathering job, the clamp, and the blade plug. Excellent work as always!
    ...YUP!

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by amwolf View Post
    Sweet saber! Looked awesome pre-weathering too... Nice use of the t-nut in the blade plug - a familiar but out-of-place object that was SUPPOSED to be used like that! Cool.
    I'm not sure if building an entire electronics package as a singular demountable object is really considered as "Intermediate", as presented in the TCSSU Course catalog (WIR295) - wow, and wickedly jealous...
    LOL, for me this one is kinda a quickie, but I build 50-100 sabers per year so I kinda run the gamut. Thanks very much for the kind words.

@Sek...thanks Bro! (I thought you might like that clamp)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dottore Matto View Post
    @Sek...thanks Bro! (I thought you might like that clamp)
    yup, you definitely know how to make sabers that get my attention!
    ...YUP!

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by sekrogue1985 View Post
    yup, you definitely know how to make sabers that get my attention!
    In a few weeks I am gonna have another one that should catch your attention as well...it has a yellow blade and a Vos-like shroud...

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dottore Matto View Post
    In a few weeks I am gonna have another one that should catch your attention as well...it has a yellow blade and a Vos-like shroud...
    I can't wait. Hopefully, before halloween. But knowing you you'll have it in my hands before then.
    ...YUP!

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by sekrogue1985 View Post
    I can't wait. Hopefully, before halloween. But knowing you you'll have it in my hands before then.
    It shall be done