Thread: my blade is stuck :(

Default my blade is stuck :(

i recently bought my first FULL MHS saber body. i had a sink tube saber with a blade and blade holder and all that good stuff. After transferring all the electronics i decided to put the blade in. keep in mind, i'm not exactly rolling in cash, so when it came in the mail i was really excited and when the blade wouldn't go in easily, in my exitement i pounded the holder on with a rubber mallet. nothing is damaged (not even my hardwood living room floor) but the blade is stuck. i've pulled with all my might (i'm pretty beefy, don't wanna brag but i am) and it wont budge, so this spawns 2 questions:

1) has anyone run into this problem before and found a way to get the blade out?
    and
    2) what would you use to make part of the blade a bit thinner? i rubbed it down with 00 steel wool (there was gunk on it because i had gone a bit crazy wrapping my entire sink tube with electrical tape) but that didn't do it. maybe some sort of corrosive liquid that will take of a tiny bit if i wash it off fast enough.

let me know if you've run into this or if i;m just a noob :P
    thank you

Strap wrenches on both parts, twist first then pull.
    "The Sith grew past the use of lightsabers. But we continue to use them, if only to humiliate the Jedi."―Darth Sidious

instead of wrenches, i used my hands. it hurt but its out now!
    now how would you guys suggest making it thinner so i don;t have to get friction-blisters on my hands everytime i show someone it?

Flapwheel attachment on dremel lightly applied to blade holder, light hand sanding of blade end where it goes into BH. Never had a problem myself before, but I guess that would fix it.
    "The Sith grew past the use of lightsabers. But we continue to use them, if only to humiliate the Jedi."―Darth Sidious

Or use some sandpaper and sand the bottom of your blade down slightly.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Quote Originally Posted by Skottsaber View Post
    Or use some sandpaper and sand the bottom of your blade down slightly.
    This likely the best bet. I'd guess the blade has a slight flare to the end of it from being cut off by the cutting tool the supplier uses to cut them to 40" lengths. I've that problem before on several blades and all it took was some sanding on the end I intended to use as the emitter end to get it to fit properly.

the other problem might be in where you got the blade....it is from TCSS, correct? If not, other manufacturer's blades will not fit the MHS blade holder sockets without modification.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    This likely the best bet. I'd guess the blade has a slight flare to the end of it from being cut off by the cutting tool the supplier uses to cut them to 40" lengths. I've that problem before on several blades and all it took was some sanding on the end I intended to use as the emitter end to get it to fit properly.

the other problem might be in where you got the blade....it is from TCSS, correct? If not, other manufacturer's blades will not fit the MHS blade holder sockets without modification.
    yes i got it from TCSS but it was a while back, i ordered it 2 or 3 years ago. and i was thinking it was more a problem with the holder, seeing as how it fit into the holder i originally ordered.
    i ended up sanding that end of the blade down and also sanding the inside of the blade holder. after looking at the part i sanded down, however, i discovered that by sanding down the rest of the blade, the light was more diffused and looked pretty cool. this probably makes it a little dimmer (though it could be the old batteries i'm using) but it looks pretty cool. if you look down the blade it looks more like a blade of light and less like plastic with cellophane.

Thank you all for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by tanman729 View Post
    i discovered that by sanding down the rest of the blade, the light was more diffused and looked pretty cool. this probably makes it a little dimmer (though it could be the old batteries i'm using) but it looks pretty cool. if you look down the blade it looks more like a blade of light and less like plastic with cellophane!
    I think 'Chambers does this with all her blades...
    It's also worth noting that the trans-white looks like that anyway.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man how to build a lightsaber and he will forever feast on tauntaun carcasses and aqualish arms. TimeRender
    Jesus pogostick what kind of Rodian clusterbomb is this? DD
    TCSS: It's all my favorite people I've never met, all in one place